• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

51 y/o Concord man steals Natural Light beer

Started by Quantrill, November 14, 2006, 09:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Smutty nose and Tuckermans ravine are 2 others.

Lloyd Danforth

Apparently, I have been a good influence on Mincin, has shown up a couple of times with 'Honey Brown', probably not brewed in NH

Quantrill

Roycerson

Quote from: Quantrill on November 15, 2006, 08:11 PM NHFT
Blah.  I suppose there's no Boulevard Wheat in NH?  Best wheat beer I've ever had and made in my hometown of Kansas City, MO.  Maybe they'll let me open a franchise micro-brewery!   :)

I think their might be.  Blvd's been growing and the wheat is by far their biggest seller.  I'd be surprised to find the Bully Porter but the wheat is available in a lot of places these days. 

I think when I was in NH I went with the Fransiskaner's and the Spaten's.  They're cheap in NH in comparison to here.

Rocketman

Otter Creek and Wolaver's (organic) are the best Vermont brews, same brewery.  Shipyard in Maine has some nice beers.  But I could drink Smuttynose and Red Hook for the rest of my life and rarely stray, if I decided boycotting non-NH beers was important.  Woodstock Inn is a really cool brewpub, absolutely worth a visit (or ten), but their award-winning brown ale isn't quite as good in bottles, and they don't seem to distribute their excellent IPA or Oatmeal Stout.  Tuckerman (the micro in Conway) is okay.

Otter Creek Stovepipe Porter and Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout -- those are my winter beer recommendations.  And I will probably drink my fair share of Red Hook's Winterhook... as soon as I run out of Shipyard Pumpkinhead (I stocked up on that seasonal!).

David

Wow, you guys know your beer.   :o
I don't like, of the few I've tried, bacardi and mikes lemons.  I know, i'm a wimp.  But it has to taste good, or I won't drink it.  Including the horses' piss... I mean budwieser made at the huge plant about 3 miles away from me. 

Ear

I'm looking forward to trying some of New Hampshire's local microbrews.  Also, it's not all that far from Quebec, where two of my favorite beers are brewed: Mauditte, and Fin du Monde.  Mmmm, good.

KBCraig

I hope -pray!- that when we live in the northeast, I'll be able to find Maisel's Hefeweizen. The sole U.S. distributor only handles the Atlantic coast states.

I can get Franziskaner here, but it's nowhere near as good. They use a different yeast, so you don't get the joy of making the perfect pour, swirling the bottle, and then clouding up the glass. And Franziskaner has a much thinner head; Maisel's produces a strong creamy head, and will maintain some head through most of a glass, up to 30 minutes or so.

I'm not so much a fan of Kristalweizen, but, again, Maisel's is good. If you've got to put a lemon in beer, then screw the Corona: "Nach ein Kristal, bitte!"

Kevin