• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Fully Informed Juries

Started by jcpliberty, January 03, 2005, 03:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

rothamerica

Works for me.  Looking forward to the visit.

Dave Ridley

Can someone post a copy of the law regarding what we can and can't legally do at a courthouse to promote FIJA? 

Good to know where the line is so you can decide whether to cross it.

danhynes

I like this idea and also the subject of jury nullification in general. I happen to be taking an independent study class on it currently. You might run into some problems though. The FIJA packet you are referring to warns about giving it to jurors already on a jury as jurors cant use outside information. YOu would have to be sure that the people you are handing it to are potential jurors and not actually on a jury yet. At least thats what FIJA states.

Russell Kanning

AlanM

90% of lawyers give the other 10% a really bad name.  ;)

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

What do lawyers and sperm have in common?

Only one in two million ever does anything worthwhile.

?Lawyer: An individual whose principal role is to protect his clients from others of his profession.?

-- Anonymous

Any time a lawyer is seen but not heard, it?s a shame to wake him.

Why is an avocado like a lawyer? (both are ?avocat? in French)

Both have hearts like stones.

At a meeting of the bar association a famous attorney was boasting about his new glass eye. He claimed that it was so realistic that no one could tell which was the false one. All of the lawyers present nodded in astonished belief while the layman present blurted out, ?It?s obvious that the left one is phony!? The attorney, shocked that his secret was so easily discovered, asked the layman how he knew. He replied, ?Why, it?s easy, the fake one is the one with a gleam of humanity.?

How many lawyers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One: the lawyer holds it while the rest of the world revolves around him.

What's the difference between a good lawyer and a great lawyer?

A good lawyer knows the law.

A great lawyer knows the judge.

Children who never come when called will grow up to be doctors.

Children who come before they are called will grow up to be lawyers.

?The minute you read something you don?t understand, you can be almost sure it was drawn up by a lawyer.?

-- Will Rogers

A small town that can?t support one lawyer can always support two.

What do you get if you put 100 lawyers in your basement?

A whine cellar.

How does a pregnant woman know she is carrying a future lawyer?

She has an extreme craving for baloney.

Four doctors who hadn?t seen each other since their surgical residencies met at a medical seminar. Adjourning for dinner and drinks, they turned their conversation to who makes the best surgical patients:

The first said, for sure, electrical engineers. ?You open ?em up,? he contended, ?and everything is color-coded.?

?Nah,? said the second. ?It?s librarians. You open ?em up and everything is alphabetized.?

The third scoffed. ?Of course not,? he said. ?It?s accountants. You open ?em up and everything is numbered.?

?Lawyers,? said the fourth, with a shake of his head. ?It?s lawyers, you idiots! No heart, no guts, no spine, and the ass and the brain are interchangeable.?

Kat Kanning

There's a ton of them here:

http://nolo.com/humor/jokes.cfm

The company sells books for self-help legal tips.

Lloyd Danforth

The sperm, at least, has a one in a million chance of becoming a Human Being.

Why did New Jersey get all of the garbage and New York get all of the lawyers?

New Jersey got first choice.

Russell Kanning

jcpliberty

Fantastic! I have some I'll get around to sharing. I love telling them, like poetry, I like saying it outloud, so next meeting -- remind me to tell lawyer jokes.

JP

Kat Kanning

How about you regale us with jokes on your birthday?

jcpliberty