• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

FreeTalkLive.com is Down

Started by FTL_Ian, November 20, 2006, 02:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mrapplecastle

:occasion14: :ahoy:
there needs to be a emoticon that smokes
everyone feels cooler when they smoke  8)

Dan

I was thinking before that we could combine these two boards.

There seems to be a LARGE amount of cross posting from the smaller membership of NHFREE users.

It would, at least, cut down on the number of open tabs in my firefox browser.  ;)

error

FTL and NHFREE have two different demographics with only a moderate bit of intersection between them. It doesn't strike me as a good idea.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on November 20, 2006, 02:38 PM NHFT
FTL and NHFREE have two different demographics with only a moderate bit of intersection between them. It doesn't strike me as a good idea.

They certainly have a different feel.

I will rarely venture into the FTL forum. It reminds me of Free Republic (which isn't a compliment).

Kevin

error

Indeed. FTL has a LOT of people who haven't quite figured out this freedom and liberty thing yet.

This forum has far fewer of them, though there are still a couple I can think of offhand who post frequently.

mrapplecastle

QuoteIndeed. FTL has a LOT of people who haven't quite figured out this freedom and liberty thing yet.
thats what makes the ftl forum more interesting

aquabanianskakid

That would also be why some people stick mainly to one or the other. Simply because that is where we feel most comfortable. I happen to like the FTL forum more because we "shoot the shit" so often. It's a bonus for me that people tend to be a bit more like ravenous wolves in the FTL forum. :P

AlexLibman

I seriously hope no data gets permanently lost...

:bow: :BangHead:

Anyway...

The FTL wiki and the NHFree wiki are also quite different, right?  Otherwise, could be a benefit to merging them.  Some of the wiki growth factors are exponential, so fragmenting into several wikis results in lower total content growth.

mrapplecastle

I've seen few on either board who have a total grasp on the freedom and liberty thing, mainly because of their views on property

Lindsey

I'm very sad.  I was so looking forward to perusing after work today.  Now I'm here.  It's weird not to be the moderatrix and have 9000 posts   :o

Taors

Dan

Quote from: aquabanianskakid on November 20, 2006, 03:26 PM NHFT
That would also be why some people stick mainly to one or the other. Simply because that is where we feel most comfortable. I happen to like the FTL forum more because we "shoot the shit" so often. It's a bonus for me that people tend to be a bit more like ravenous wolves in the FTL forum. :P

But isn't that the point of threads?

aquabanianskakid

Simple terms: I likey FTL forum because people there relaxed okey?

If you can't have fun while discussing serious topics why bother? I like to see some of the jokes and fun bleed over to the more serious topics and the same for the opposite.

error

Who says we aren't relaxed and fun over here! :angryfire: :protest: :icon_biggrin:

Lindsey

Combining these two places is a horrid idea.  Sometimes different things meld well together, but I do not think this is one of those times.