• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester area demonstration after 12/2 meeting? (Calendary entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, November 24, 2006, 10:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

I'd like to suggest a demonstration for December second around 330pm, at the intersection of 101 and 114 in Bedford, just west of Manchester. 

This has proven to be a good sign wave location for policital campaigns.  I'd like to use it for a demonstration against the idea of a state income tax.

Your thoughts?  If someone has a better idea I'm all ears. 

d_goddard

It is helpful only to your enemies to protest something they have not even suggested.

Dave Ridley

ok so what's an alternate suggestion for what we do after the meeting?

error

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: d_goddard on November 25, 2006, 10:22 AM NHFT
It is helpful only to your enemies to protest something they have not even suggested.

Yeah Dave!  You might give them an idea they have not ever thought of, before :P

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

OK then.....here is the plan:

What will happen:   Sign wave against Real ID
When:  3:45 - 4:45 p.m. right after the merrimack valley porcupine meeting. 
Where:  Just west of Manchester....intersection of hwy 101 and 114
Who:  Me and whoever wants to join from the meeting (altho there is only a 90% chance I will be there). 
Why:  Remind folks we haven't forgotten this issue.   Also will give the Korean TV crew more stuff to videotape.
Contact info:  my cell is (603) 721-1490

Other details: 

My sign will probably say

"Real ID" =
U Not Free
NHfree.com

I hope others of you will do something similar or bring flags. One idea is to just put "NHfree.com" on your sign if you want to be able to use it over and over.   Remeber the letters have to be pretty big for the drivers to read them.  Winds are expected to be 25 mph, high temp that day 43 degrees so flags will do well.   Sunset is 4:12 p.m. so we would be pretty hard to see after 5.

I will likely have two flags and two signs plus a few blanks and markers.  I'll wear a v mask on the back of my head (back of hed wasn't getting much done anyway...)

In the future I would welcome ideas for a better sign wave location, which is perhaps closer to bickfords.

Kat Kanning

I think that's a great location.  It's right by the FBI offices on Constitution Dr.

Atlas

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

This demonstration went off as planned, 7 of us showed up and getted a lot of honks, thumbs up, folks seem to know what the issue is now.  The Korean TV crew dropped by and got some shots.

No negative feedback but after everyone had left and i was the only one, someone apparently called bedford pd and an officer showed up, started asking me questions....which I answered when they related to the demonstration.  When he asked for my ID I refused to give it since the law doesn't require me to.  I gave him my name as the law requires me to.   Then he asked for my date of birth and I said no again so he started getting less friendly.  Asked if I had any weapons.  He accused me of wearing black and having a mask LOL.   I reminded him the mask was on the back of my head and that the huge yello and blue flags
I was carrying meant I was not exactly trying to avoid attention. 

I declined to answer his wep question (and would have even if I hadn't been armed).   I asked him if there was any law requiring me to answer it.  He started talking about patting me down. I can't remember exactly what he said but eventually I ended up basically telling him I"m not going to help you out much here but I will just stand here and will not resist if you feel you have to do this for that for your safety.  He didn't freak out when he found the pistol , just asked if I had a license; then he let me dig it out of the wallet without taking the wallet.  He also didn't try to mess with any of the paperwork that I had in my pockets.

A second officer showed up and one of them called in my pitsol license.   Within two minutes of that they relaxed and returned the pistol, after ejecting the mag which they gave me separately.  They griped some about my refusal to answer questions but didn't seem too rattled.    I replied that a good man should not be too eager to do what he's told.  I said actually I think it is ralph waldo emerson who said "a good man must not follow laws too well."  that got a rise out of them and gave me the chance to deliver the message ian has been repeating so often on free talk live lately...that cops are our last line of defense against bad laws.  They have the right to not enforce bad laws.   More later.

Kat Kanning

We saw them coming when we were pulling away.  I suggested we drive by and make sure you were OK, but Russell thought you'd be fine.

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

d_goddard

Very cool! Thanks for organizing this Dave and thank you to everyone who helped make it happen :)
Aside from South Korean film crews, was any other media (preferably local media) there?

I'm thinking it would be a nice start to the new legislative session if the incoming Democrats understand that the Free-Staters *agree* with them about one of their hot topics (Real-ID). That will help them to understand we're real, normal people who just want to be free, and THAT will make it much more likely for them to really LISTEN to us when we try to reason with them on other things, like mandatory seat-belt laws.

My $0.02, given away here for free as always