• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dada want big plastic soda bottles

Started by Dave Ridley, November 25, 2006, 09:16 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Will pay five cents each or equiv. in silver.   No need to clean them. 

Juice bottles and vinegar bottles are ok too, they just need to be more than a liter, ultra watertight and designed for drinkables.

toowm

Dada- I think I could really meet this need. I unfortunately am going through a 2-liter of diet pop (yes pop, not soda) a day, still adjusting to the eastern time zone, daylight savings time, and 20+ years post-college 10am wake-ups.

Let me know what quantity you need, and I can supply it!

Lloyd Danforth

Tom Sawyer

I bet it is for emergency water storage.

slim

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 27, 2006, 01:40 PM NHFT
I would think so also they are nice because you can stack them if you lay them flat in a closet and then keep on stacking them up.

I have found that the bottles are very useful I like to use them as cheep planting pots cut the top off and put some drainage holes in the side near the bottom of the bottle and you have a 5 cent plant pot with enough room for roots of a bunch of plants like tomato, peas, peppers,  and herbs like basil, and oregano. I like to use them to plant seeds early and then grow them inside until the last frost has passed then plant them in the garden and have early harvest.

You could also use the middle section of a bottle as rodent barriers take a knife and slice the bottle around the top where it begins to narrow and make a slice around the bottom of the bottle I like to leave about 4 inches in of side wall on the bottom so I can use it as a plant pot also, take the middle section and place it around the plant in the garden.

If you are not sure if the last frost has passed just cut the bottom and leave the top on to cover the plants. (do not use green bottles for this if you do the plants will not be able to get energy from the sun, plant leaves cannot use green light)

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 27, 2006, 01:40 PM NHFT

he shoots he scores.  buying water from the store costs a buck a gallon so this way i save 95 cents a gallon :)  also these containers are more durable than the usual milk jug style containers you find at the store...and when you fill with tap water it apparently lasts longer than store bought distilled water.   Your supposed to drink distilled within 2 years...tap water can store someowhat longer since it contains chlorine....sometiems up to ten years they say.

hope others of you are doing the water thing too....

error

Dave Ridley

I'll be at the merrimack valley meeting saturday if anyone wants to bring some.