• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Relocating, looking for a SQL Server DBA or Development position

Started by Hoppester, November 27, 2006, 10:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoppester

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Seattle and hoping to relocate to the Nashua area and am looking for a position utilizing my experience here as a DBA for an S&P 500 company.  I visited the Nashua area earlier this month and my wife and I fell in love.

If anyone knows of any positions (or might point me to someone who might), I'd be very interested in touching base.

Thanks,
Jordan

citizen_142002

Well I can't give you much advice. Honestly, I don't know what the heck those acronyms mean except S&P 500, but rest assured there will be several replies from people who can point you in the right direction.

Congratulations for making the decision to move! I assume that you looking for a tech job, given that I see server in there. Well, you'll probably end up looking mostly in the south of the state:Manchester, Nashua, maybe Keene. They all have pluses and minuses, but overall they're all good.

Happy hunting, and hopfully I'll see you in NH soon.

Live Free or Die

slim

DBA = Data Base Administrator
SQL Server is Microsoft's Enterprise Database server

Hoppester the hightech sector is pretty good in NH I would suguest you take a look over at the Free State Project page they have some links to job boards on there and of course you can look on the national boards i.e. Monster and Dice.com

Hoppester

citizen_142002, thank you for the kind, warm welcome.

slim, thank you for the tip.  I'll definitely check that out.

d_goddard, I'll check those links out, thank you.  I imagine most of the Oracle jobs are using Oracle.  BAE Systems probably uses Oracle as well (most of the bigger companies in the area are using Oracle).

Thanks again everyone.

d_goddard

Quote from: Hoppester on November 30, 2006, 06:41 PM NHFT
most of the bigger companies in the area are using Oracle
Most big companies everywhere use Oracle :D
If you've been a SQl Server DBA, it's not all that different, there are just more and more powerful features, and it runs on more platforms. You'd still have a shot. Can't hurt to try.

Dave Ridley

LOL if you fell in love with nashua what will you do when you first lay eyes on franconia notch?