• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Wanted: Bookcase

Started by Friday, November 30, 2006, 06:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

I just bought a bookcase, and due to the strange laws of book-addict physics, still have the same number of unopened boxes of books in my apartment.  ???  I will take a crappy bookcase off anyone's hands for free, or will buy/trade a nice wood one.  Thanks!

Pat K

Books will always over run storage space. There is no hope.
I find the floor is a safe place as long as you leave a wide enough path.

Russell Kanning

hmmm we are all full up here ..... kat and kira read too many books. I just watch movies.

slim

I would go for either the books on tape/cd or e-books less storage space is needed for the e-books. ;D

Friday

Still looking for a bookcase!  Will pay for a nice one and/or made-to-order one.  Would also appreciate hearing about stores in NH that sell wood furniture.  In California there were lots of places, including flea markets, that sold unfinished wood bookcases at reasonable prices, but I haven't yet seen a comparable place here.  Thanks for any tips.   :book1:

cathleeninnh

When we got here we bought unfinished stuff at Mill Stores Discount Factory Outlet on 101A Amherst St, Nashua. I think there were others. The website, I think was www.millstores.com

Cathleen

Dreepa

I know that there is a unpainted furniture shop around concord somewhere... I will look for their card.
Have you checked out craigslist?

My bookcases runneth over.

Pat McCotter

The unfinished furniture place on Loudon Rd across from Wal-Mart are very proud of their furniture - quite expensive.

Rochelle

I finally bought a bookshelf from Target. It's extremely cheap and took my husband and I about 45 minutes to assemble, but only because we're incompetent. It has 5 shelves and cost $29.99. It did, however, get all of my books out of containers, but still doesn't fit all of my books. But for $29.99 it does a hell of a job.

toowm

Our Target bookshelves didn't survive the move. Ikea and Sam's Club are probably the cheapest that are solid.

Russell Kanning

Note to soon-to-be-movers: Your cheapo shelves will probably not survive the move.
We have been mostly successful in keeping them together when we do big moveins .... but it is mostly luck. :)

error

My cheapo shelves are not moving with me. I'm not moving furniture at all, in fact. Instead I'll buy some when I get there.

cathleeninnh

Good idea.

It is best to consider that particle board stuff as disposable. It doesn't move well. Might make good firewood.

Cathleen

Friday

Quote from: cathleeninnh on January 06, 2007, 04:58 PM NHFT
When we got here we bought unfinished stuff at Mill Stores Discount Factory Outlet on 101A Amherst St, Nashua. I think there were others. The website, I think was www.millstores.com

Thanks for the tip!  I had been to the other furniture store in that plaza but didn't notice the Mill Store.  I found just what I wanted.   :icon_study: