• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Substitute teaching . . . the truth

Started by JonM, December 07, 2006, 08:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

I was making calls to some of the FSP participants in MA for the First 1000.  A gentleman I called up said he would substitute teach at the high school, and try to actually teach the kids something about the real history of the United States and what freedom and rights actually are.  He said some students tell him they learn more from him in one day than they do in a month from the regular teachers.

In MA you only need a 4 year degree to be a substitute teacher.  What are the requirements in NH?  For those who won't wretch at the thought of walking into a public school, this might be an interesting idea for helping to de-indoctrinate some children, even if only a little.  The man I talked to his in his 70s and retired, so that may protect him a bit from the flack a younger person might take for speaking the truth, but it might be worth a shot for some.

Dave Ridley

Fluff and Stuff

Only need a 4 year degree? That is more strict than most states.  I might be a sub teacher, if I have a hard time finding a job as a teacher :)

eques

Perhaps this can help: http://www.ed.state.nh.us/education/News/aug06.htm

It looks like you need to contact individual school districts you may be interested in.  After that, it's all about who you know.

aries

My father subs at WMRHS pretty much every day of the week in the slow season up here... he does actually hold class and insist upon wearing pants and a tie, even shined shoes to sub... all the other teachers are lucky to be found wearing a polo shirt.

He does teach classes... I'm pretty sure he doesnt do any wierdly pro-liberty teaching... Although I finally found out he is against the smoking ban, which the NHLRA has chosen to lobby against this year (last year they took no stance).