• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Group fights against "the tax Pledge"

Started by KBCraig, December 06, 2006, 12:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankChodorov

QuoteThis whole argument is illogical.  Creating a new tax to lower the tax burden? 

I believe the argument is the property tax is regressive...so the tax burden will be lowered for the working poor

money dollars

Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 06, 2006, 03:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: money dollars on December 06, 2006, 02:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 06, 2006, 02:08 PM NHFT
as Jason called for ...
Who cares what some bitch P.H.D. from Yale "calls for"?

this should be an interesting conversation - two people on ignore by 99% of the forum participants...

do you know what talk I am referring to?
His "Cannae Tactic" I assumed
http://freestateproject.org/about/essay_archive/cannae_tactic   ???

Tyler Stearns

Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 06, 2006, 05:47 PM NHFT
QuoteThis whole argument is illogical.  Creating a new tax to lower the tax burden? 

I believe the argument is the property tax is regressive...so the tax burden will be lowered for the working poor

I understand that argument.  But it usually turns out that the property tax burden and income tax burden added together are worse than what we started with.  I think we should keep the tax system as consolidated as possible so it is as transparent as can be.

Dave Ridley

would someone be willing to process the information in this article and come up with some locations where I can do silent demos?   PM them to me if you would.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 06, 2006, 06:39 PM NHFT
would someone be willing to process the information in this article and come up with some locations where I can do silent demos?   

walking down the center aisle during Sunday church services with a sign calling the priest a commie?

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 06, 2006, 06:39 PM NHFT
would someone be willing to process the information in this article and come up with some locations where I can do silent demos?   PM them to me if you would.

pm sent

Braddogg

Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 06, 2006, 03:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: money dollars on December 06, 2006, 02:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 06, 2006, 02:08 PM NHFT
as Jason called for ...
Who cares what some bitch P.H.D. from Yale "calls for"?

this should be an interesting conversation - two people on ignore by 99% of the forum participants...

:D +1 for the laugh.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 06, 2006, 05:33 PM NHFT
And then that Bastard went on TV and said 'Well,  you all wanted this"

But that is what the people wanted, right?

lordmetroid

Quote from: Tyler Stearns on December 06, 2006, 05:00 PM NHFT
This whole argument is illogical.  Creating a new tax to lower the tax burden?  I'm pretty sure thats not how it works.  We should open up a bank account that is open to donations from these groups.  We can send the money to the state government.  If they want to pay more taxes, let them pay more taxes.

Well if you have a debt you need to pay that one off as soon as possible to avoid the interest for a long amount of time. Hence you can rise taxes and than remove many more taxes as soon as the debt is paid.

maineiac

Pro-tax groups crop up over here periodically, primarily composed of state and government workers, teachers, and shipfitters from Bath Iron Works, Maine's showcase welfare/warfare industrial complex and largest employer.

Pretty much everyone in this state is pro-tax, except for me and some guy down in Livermore Falls. :-\

Tyler Stearns

Quote from: lordmetroid on December 07, 2006, 08:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: Tyler Stearns on December 06, 2006, 05:00 PM NHFT
This whole argument is illogical.  Creating a new tax to lower the tax burden?  I'm pretty sure thats not how it works.  We should open up a bank account that is open to donations from these groups.  We can send the money to the state government.  If they want to pay more taxes, let them pay more taxes.

Well if you have a debt you need to pay that one off as soon as possible to avoid the interest for a long amount of time. Hence you can rise taxes and than remove many more taxes as soon as the debt is paid.

And when has a temporary government tax/program ever been temporary?

error

Quote from: maineiac on December 07, 2006, 09:31 AM NHFT
Pretty much everyone in this state is pro-tax, except for me and some guy down in Livermore Falls. :-\

You and the guy down in Livermore Falls need to come home to NH!

maineiac

Quote from: error on December 07, 2006, 08:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: maineiac on December 07, 2006, 09:31 AM NHFT

You and the guy down in Livermore Falls need to come home to NH!

Thanks, error, but I believe in being free no matter what state I happen to be in. I don't need any approval from the bureaucrats!

I would like to move somewhere more temperate, though. NH is nice, but I was thinking maybe NC or somewhere/anywhere further south of here!

:P

Rocketman

We can beat these pansies, and we will.