• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Lovers in Iran call for Death to Dictatorship

Started by mvpel, December 06, 2006, 03:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

http://www.farsnews.com/imgrep.php?nn=8509150469

Today is "Students Day" in Iran, and thousands demonstrated this morning in universities across the country. Below are pictures taken at Tehran UNiversit where the crowd was estimated at several thousand.

Some of the signs read, "Death to Dictatorship", "Death to Islamic Republic", "Students For Workers", "We have nothing to lose to defend freedom", "Free political prisoners now", "Boycott the sham elections".

Police and many more vigilantes (basij) were on hand to control the crowds.

Support regime change in Iran:

KBCraig

Funny how the news isn't covering this, but is covering the calls for Ahmadinejad's head for watching a telecast that included unveiled women dancing.

mvpel

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/11/061211130257.ypfkzp5b.html

QuoteIranian students have disrupted a speech by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad at a prestigious Tehran university, setting fire to his picture and heckling him.

"Some students chanted radical slogans and inflamed the atmosphere of the meeting" at the Amir Kabir University, said the semi-official Fars news agency on Monday, which is close to Ahmadinejad.

"A small number of students shouted 'death to the dictator' and smashed cameras of state television but they were confronted by a bigger group of students in the hall chanting: 'We support Ahmadinejad'," it said.

It was the latest in a series of student demonstrations in recent days, the first time in least two years that such protests have taken place on this scale at Iranian universities.

Considering that burning a picture of the president in Iran can be punished by an indefinite prison term with abusive prison guards regardless of whether or not you choose to remain silent, it sort of puts our little burns here in New Hampshire in perspective.

We're truly blessed here in America, and I hope that the people of Iran might someday enjoy the same blessings.

Rocketman

It would sure be nice to help those people find freedom.  Can we do it without invading and occupying their country?  If so, how?

aries

Atlas

Quote from: aries on December 11, 2006, 01:16 PM NHFT
Get these folks to NH
Can these folks even view the FSP website? I'd love to have them in NH though. But, I don't care for their version of freedom--democracy.

mvpel

Quote from: Rocketman on December 11, 2006, 12:49 PM NHFT
It would sure be nice to help those people find freedom.  Can we do it without invading and occupying their country?  If so, how?
That's the $80 billion question now, isn't it?

aries

Quote from: Rebel on December 11, 2006, 01:53 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on December 11, 2006, 01:16 PM NHFT
Get these folks to NH
Can these folks even view the FSP website? I'd love to have them in NH though. But, I don't care for their version of freedom--democracy.

As long as they have the revolutionary spirit  ;)

I think that NHFree would not be blocked by the Iranian firewall... not well-known enough