• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Who should be charged when a homeowner shoots an intruder?

Started by anthonybpugh, November 24, 2006, 12:00 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Revmar

Quote from: citizen_142002 on November 27, 2006, 11:34 PM NHFT
I don't want to kill kids who are just fucking around without giving them a heads up. I'm sure there are many people on this forum who shoplifted, or vandalized, or did something wrong when the were teenages. Yeah yeah, no excuse ::) I suppose we should just kill anyone for the slightest infraction?

Yeah I did and still do things that are "wrong".  I don't steal, but I don't follow a lot of rules a "citizen"is supposed to.  However, I NEVER broke into a persons home, chased them to the second floor, and tried to kick in the blocked bedroom door.  That seems a bit more violent than slipping a Snickers Bar into your pocket at Walmart.   

mraaron

I think the prosecutor is more of a thug than those two kids.

Russell Kanning

David

I believe in OH all shootings are taken to a grand jury.  That may be law, or just common practice.  There was a case in columbus where a woman shot a man in her front yard after warning him repeatedly to stay away.  She was a professional security guard with arms training, and she may have had witnesses.  She still went before a grand jury, but was fortunately not charged.  One of the few glimmers of hope I saw in this, was the prosecuter was very lenient, and publically stated to the effect that he thought she was justified. 
This was in the news for several days, and I was thrilled when she was exonerated. (spell?)

Cleveland is very statist.  A while back they had the highest sales tax in the state almost, yet scratched their collective heads on why their heavy industries are on the decline. 

slim

That guy is getting victimized twice I feel sorry for him. I think if he would have killed the kid before they left his door he would have not have been charged.

KBCraig

Here's an incident from 1984, where a justified use of deadly force was prosecuted in Virginia. This blog entry doesn't give credit, but the article was written by Massad Ayoob for American Handgunner magazine.

"Better tried by twelve than carried by six", and all that... but even a not guilty verdict is going to be expensive.

The Gary Fadden incident.

Kevin