• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Let's create a word for force initation against adults who haven't harmed others

Started by Dave Ridley, December 07, 2006, 03:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SAK

spragg is good, except I'm wondering if we can't come up with something more creative that has some sort of association (any association is better than nothing) with a violent thug type.  Dragoon has this in "goon."  Since dragoon is already a word (not to mention it's kind of silly-sounding) and we really can't use it for this purpose -- we'll have to think of something else.  Let's keep working.

Should we come up with a fitting word -- then the only challenge will be to market that word widely enough to get it to be used.

I'm sure few people here have an idea of the true power of language.  Our entire language is a gigantic web of mind-programming.  It's very effective too :)

Michael Fisher

Here's a set of phrases that somewhat shows the contrast between voluntary action and fiat.

ipso facto (IP-so FAK-to) adverb

By the very fact or action.

[Latin ipso facto (by the fact itself).]

Note: The counterpart of this term is ipso jure, which means by reason of a particular law.

(From: Wordsmith.Org)

Spencer

Quote from: Michael Fisher on March 09, 2007, 08:40 AM NHFT
Here's a set of phrases that somewhat shows the contrast between voluntary action and fiat.

ipso facto (IP-so FAK-to) adverb

By the very fact or action.

[Latin ipso facto (by the fact itself).]

Note: The counterpart of this term is ipso jure, which means by reason of a particular law.

(From: Wordsmith.Org)

So, should we call those who initiate force against those who haven't harmed others IPSHITS?

Michael Fisher

More liberty vocab.

buckram (BUK-ruhm) noun

1. A stiff cotton fabric used in interlining garments, in bookbinding, etc.

2. Stiffness; formality.

verb tr.

1. To strengthen with buckram.

2. To give a false appearance of strength, importance, etc.

-Wordsmith.org

David

It's been a long time since we heard from you Michael.  Glad you're still with us online.   :)

Michael Fisher

Here are two beautiful and useful liberty-related words I had never bothered to look up before: Autonomy and autonomous.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/autonomy

autonomy (noun) (plural autonomies)

1. Self-government
2. (philosophy) The capacity to make an informed, uncoerced decision.

Etymology: From Greek autonomia, noun of quality from autonomos "independent, living by one's own laws", from auto- "self" (comb. form) + nomos "custom, law".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/autonomous

autonomous (adj.)

1. Self-governing. Governing independently.
2. Acting on one's own. Acting independently. Acting without being governed by parental or guardian rules.

Dave Ridley

i think "agress" may be the best option of the lot, when it comes to a word for harming others unjustly.

grasshopper

Stacalupus, meaning from old "english", staca: meaning,  attacking and lupus meaning Wolf in latin.  Could almean a storm trooper.

Bill St. Clair

J’raxis 270145

I usually use aggress... which, amusingly, Firefox is highlighting as a typo as I write this post.

J’raxis 270145

Free libertarian

I'll confess I can think of no new word...but the tried and true "Bushwacked" is apropo these days.

mackler

v. to batter
n. battery
Often preceeded by assault, i.e., a threat of battery.