• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Military wages propaganda war on binge drinking

Started by error, December 12, 2006, 11:41 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

The Department of Defense is engaging in yet another war -- this time, against binge drinking. And it's called in reinforcements to wage a propaganda campaign to win the hearts and minds of the population, its own servicemembers.

Sticker price for DoD's Healthy Choices for Life program: $13 million.

http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006/12/12/dod-dont-be-that-guy/

Don't forget to vote for Homeland Stupidity in the 2006 Weblog Awards!

aries

The problem with this program is that they present drinking as a destructive and socially impeding behavior...

However, drunk soldiers are usually still the targets of women's affection. In the military? Instant chick magnet. Females are drawn to society's warriors... evolutionary psychology, meet the DoD.

Pat McCotter

anthonybpugh

You know stories that doesn't have the phrase "I was so wasted" are not really very entertaining.  This program will have absolutely zero effect and is a waste of money.  Maybe they should just recruit Mormans. 

David

Can anyone imagine if they tried to actually Prohibit all alchol drinking.  I do believe there would be a mutiny if they didn't start letting the drinkers out of the military early. 

error

Quote from: fsp-ohio on December 16, 2006, 12:26 AM NHFT
Can anyone imagine if they tried to actually Prohibit all alchol drinking.  I do believe there would be a mutiny if they didn't start letting the drinkers out of the military early. 

I believe in Iraq, they did exactly this.