• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I got my Real Estate License

Started by citizen_142002, December 13, 2006, 09:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Quote from: coffeeseven on January 01, 2007, 12:03 AM NHFT
Actually I'd prefer to complete the transaction without recording the deed with the county. Can do?

You don't have to record the deed at the Registry. BUT, someone else can record a deed for your property if you don't. It's weird, I know.

error

Quote from: AlanM on January 01, 2007, 12:55 AM NHFT
Quote from: coffeeseven on January 01, 2007, 12:03 AM NHFT
Actually I'd prefer to complete the transaction without recording the deed with the county. Can do?

You don't have to record the deed at the Registry. BUT, someone else can record a deed for your property if you don't. It's weird, I know.

Who says that's a bad thing?

coffeeseven

That's like saying if you don't pay your taxes, someone else could just deduct them from your bank account FOR YOU. It's a bad thing.

I don't want to pay the tax, and I don't want to use the services paid for by property tax. Library, parks, police, fire, public, airport, gov. employee pensions, etceteraaaaa, etceteraaaaa, etceteraaaaa....

It's a gun dude. I don't like being on the wrong end of it. Do you?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: citizen_142002 on December 31, 2006, 11:50 PM NHFT
Paying the taxes or not is up to you. :)

I can explain the tax system to you if you want.
It sure is. I don't pay property taxes right now.

I don't really want to learn about the gang rules.

Dreepa

that might be a toughie.
I know that 'closing costs' had the taxes right there as did the deeds.
Might be tricky to pull this off because if no new deed is down then the former owner would probably be on the hook for the taxes.

citizen_142002

You really can't skip recording the deed. If there isn't a change made that conveys the property to you, then there is no legal record of your right to the property.

There is a state transfer tax, which is generally split between the buyer and seller. This tax usually isn't too steep, but again you aren't likely to get around it.

The people at real estate closings usually include real estate agents and brokers. They have something to loose by not doing the closing by the book. If you buy a for sale by owner, and neither party brings lawyers then you might get away with something, but I certainly don't recomend it. Skipping these steps might very well mean you end up with no legal right to the property. No bank is going to lend to you if you don't record the deed either. Lenders like to make secure investments.

coffeeseven

QuoteYou really can't skip recording the deed

I was just twisting your knobs.  ;D I knew as a "licensed" agent of the state you wouldn't  circumvent protocol. Why get a license if you are going to try to lose it right away, no?

Let's say I buy Mr. XYZ's house and he writes me a bill of sale. Mr. XYZ moves out and I move in. The property tax bill comes in the mail and I send it back to the taxing body as I am not Mr. XYZ. I am indeed the owner of the house, and I can prove I've been living there as the utilities are all in my name. (Have to have a SSN to get utils these days ::) ) Then I will still owe taxes because I enjoy domecile even though I am not the last legal owner of record?

Feck legal. In the end we'll all be the bitches of lawyers if we don't stand up at some point.

citizen_142002

A bill of sale really doesn't work for real property. As I understand it you used to be able to buy a obile home with a bill of sale, but these days you need a deed.
I'm not sure what exactly the state would do as far as taxes if you just used a bill of sale.

I'm no more an "agent of the state" than a restaurant owner who has a liqour license. We are licensed by the state, because we have to in order to transact business without being in legal trouble. I don't agree with licensing any more than you, but yeah, I'd rather keep my license for a while.

coffeeseven

My use of the term agent of the state is, as in operating in their best interests, not on their behalf.

If you allow them to dictate how you operate in the market place, if you agree gladly to use only the forms they supply, if you pay them a bribe so they will allow you to stay engaged in commerce you are, in my opinion an agent of the state.

The situation of the holder of the liquor license is similar. He can only stay in business if he strictly adheres th their laws, codes, stautes, ethics, etc. He also collects tax on behalf of the state. Once he fails to pay them "their tax" or gets caught operating outside of their rules, he can no longer make money in his chosen field. He is the unwitting agent of the state and stands to be fired if he draws the disapproval of "the state". The facts aside that he is forced to purchase mandatory dram shop insurance, and he can only purchase liquor from licensed vendors that charge a higher price per bottle than you and I can get it at the grocery store. Can you say Mafioso?

It's a festival of semantics. Let's agree to disagree. I wish you luck in your endeavor even though I disagree with bowing to "the state" to conduct business.

citizen_142002

Some people don't realize the difference between the Real Estate Commision (State), and the National Association of Realtors (Private Association). Only the Realtors can use the multiple listing service, and without that business is much more difficult to transact.

A lot of the ethics codes that we follow are those of the Realtors Association, not the state.

Yeah you can just ignore the state for a few years, but they will probably just take everything that you've earned, as mentioned in the above post. Honestly, good luck with whatever you pursue, but as for me I would like to keep most of the money I make, and that usually requires working within the system.

coffeeseven

I understand what you are saying. Your points are well made all but one. If you are using the ethics of the realtor's association, who are the they that will take everything you own when you violate the r.a.'s ethics?

citizen_142002

The realtors don't have to "take everything from me". If I violate the ethics code egregiously, they can just kick me out. I need to be a realtor to work at the particular office I'm at, and I would loose my ability to use the MLS.

This is a private and voluntary association, and they can merely deny the services and membership that they provide.

They also provide arbitration when two realtors have a dispute. There is legal recourse, but generally we try to settle things among ourselves, rather than running straight to the Real Estate Commision.

coffeeseven

Quote from: citizen_142002 on January 14, 2007, 09:55 AM NHFT
The realtors don't have to "take everything from me". If I violate the ethics code egregiously, they can just kick me out. I need to be a realtor to work at the particular office I'm at, and I would loose my ability to use the MLS.

Again I honestly wish you good luck. My friend the realtor also cited the MLS as a great advantage. I considered getting the license myself once. I don't think I would have any problem with a voluntary relationship with the R.A., but I've got a real problem with the way government comports itself. My goal is to fight 'em, not join 'em.

I'd like to talk with you when I get to NH. Maybe you can help me to understand the R.A./state thang, and I will have to have someplace to live. I'll be there summer '07.