• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Renting in New Hampshire

Started by diamondlady1025, December 14, 2006, 01:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

diamondlady1025

Hi All!

I was wondering for moving out to NH, where could I find online homes that are for rent? Are there any websites or local newspapers that I can access online to look?

I have been looking online and not finding much.

Help???

Diamondlady

Kat Kanning

error

Hm, I'm going to have to make more money if I want to pay these horrendous property taxes!

cathleeninnh

Finding rentals online is much harder than with the hard copy classifieds. We bought one paper (the UL), looked at 6 or so places and signed a lease within 2 days. There were dozens of options.

Cathleen

Rocketman

Dreepa

Where are you looking in NH? How soon do you plan on moving?  (www.pledgebank.com/first1000)

I know that there are porc friendly rentals in Concord (2 bedrooms for $850 ) I think.

Dave Ridley

there are some homes for rent advertized on a big sign on hiway 93 coming into manchester....anyone know what the number is on the sign?

burnthebeautiful

Apparently NH is the 9th most expensive state to rent in the USA counted by how much you have to earn before less than one third of your income goes to your rent. I think it was that you have to earn above $16 an hour for that to happen.

Insurgent

Quote from: burnthebeautiful on December 14, 2006, 07:18 PM NHFT
Apparently NH is the 9th most expensive state to rent in the USA counted by how much you have to earn before less than one third of your income goes to your rent. I think it was that you have to earn above $16 an hour for that to happen.

Probably true, unless you live with a bunch of other people in Ron's house!
:worship:

Russell Kanning

why would you want to pay all those property taxes?

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 14, 2006, 08:22 PM NHFT
why would you want to pay all those property taxes?

I didn't say I wanted to. But I don't have much choice when renting.

diamondlady1025

Interesting you say this because others on here are complaining about how high property taxes are in NH and rents high. Try this on for size, we are renting a home right now for $2500 a month and between $2K and $2500 a month is the going rate for rent here in Southern California for a 4 bedroom house. Not to mention just four years years ago we owned a home and it was a $400,000 home when we bought it and our property taxes for the four years we owned it were $5,000 a year. I seriously doubt that NH is that much for property taxes and I have been looking and seeing four bedroom houses for anywhere between $1200 to $1500 a month out there in NH, which is $1,000 or more a month less. So how you all are complaining, I don't get it

Diamondlady

diamondlady1025

Quote from: Dreepa on December 14, 2006, 03:30 PM NHFT
Where are you looking in NH? How soon do you plan on moving?  (www.pledgebank.com/first1000)

I know that there are porc friendly rentals in Concord (2 bedrooms for $850 ) I think.

I went onto the pledgebank and signed the pledge and it says that it will send me a password because I have never used pledgebank before, yet I have yet to receive an email from pledge bank. My spam filter is off so this is not the issue, so I am unsure why ???

Update: Ah! I used a different email address and it just came through. For some reason it did not like my other email:) Oh Well!:) Now it works:) Yeah!:)

Thanks Dreepa and all who provided me with the info on where to look!:) It is helping:)

Diamondlady

burnthebeautiful

Quote from: diamondlady1025 on December 20, 2006, 01:44 PM NHFT

Interesting you say this because others on here are complaining about how high property taxes are in NH and rents high. Try this on for size, we are renting a home right now for $2500 a month and between $2K and $2500 a month is the going rate for rent here in Southern California for a 4 bedroom house. Not to mention just four years years ago we owned a home and it was a $400,000 home when we bought it and our property taxes for the four years we owned it were $5,000 a year. I seriously doubt that NH is that much for property taxes and I have been looking and seeing four bedroom houses for anywhere between $1200 to $1500 a month out there in NH, which is $1,000 or more a month less. So how you all are complaining, I don't get it

Diamondlady

Well I did say that NH is the 9th most expensive place to rent, I guess California is one of the 8 states that are even more expensive.

JonM

In some towns a $250,000 house can hit $5000 a year in property taxes (Derry).  In other towns that might be $2000 a year or even less.  When I look at a few $250k houses in a town and they're $5k or above in property taxes, I tend not to look at that town much more.