• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Creating a city of non agression

Started by David, December 16, 2006, 12:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Another Fate

I think you're looking "big" at the moment, but I think this can be done in a phased manner. I think the first goal is to get people that think alike into a small area, like your ghetto idea, but really it could be as simple as people moving into the same neighborhood or apartment complex. Once a critical mass is reached (and you'd have to figure out whatever that is), you could start to phase out "money" in the interactions between residents. Of course, you would need some sort of metal, like copper, silver, or gold to replace that money. So, the residents would operate on barter, rather than the U.S. dollar. I don't know what the legal and tax ramifications of that are, but it would be a nice start to your plan.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Another Fate on January 12, 2007, 09:29 PM NHFT
I think you're looking "big" at the moment, but I think this can be done in a phased manner. I think the first goal is to get people that think alike into a small area, like your ghetto idea, but really it could be as simple as people moving into the same neighborhood or apartment complex. Once a critical mass is reached (and you'd have to figure out whatever that is), you could start to phase out "money" in the interactions between residents. Of course, you would need some sort of metal, like copper, silver, or gold to replace that money. So, the residents would operate on barter, rather than the U.S. dollar. I don't know what the legal and tax ramifications of that are, but it would be a nice start to your plan.

it makes much more sense for the people that have already arrived in NH to start practicing agorism amongst themselves...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agorism

then once a critical mass is reached you go about building alternative civic and cultural institutions that provide a good or service that fullfills a need that can not be duplicated in the same way by the dominant culture.

these alternative civic and cultural instituions then have to give people enough confidence that they can replace statist institutions.

David

I agree Frank.  Although I have no idea what critical mass will be.  In my opinion, the more the better.  Since it will likely, and possibly always be a small group of resisters, the living 'it' idea is essentual. 

David

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

How about the Free Street Project?  It would be great if liberty activists purchased houses on the same street as they came up for sale...

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 18, 2007, 11:22 PM NHFT
How about the Free Street Project?  It would be great if liberty activists purchased houses on the same street as they came up for sale...

The Free State projects?

error

There are lots of places in the immediate neighborhood for rent here. It's a crapshoot, however, as to whether the place is livable and the landlord has all his/her marbles.

KBCraig

Dave Ridley

watching the idea with interest still!

David

I am now attempting to make a serious run out of this.  My website anarchyhouseproject1.org/home is my first attempt to organize this. 

yonder

You should be really inspired by this video, a shining example of non-violent mass resistance to police trying to usurp natural rights from human beings that aren't bothering anyone.

http://unixbeard.blogspot.com/2007/09/fight-power-and-win.html

sandm000

You should check out J. Neil Schuman's alongside night.  In it he builds tenement buildings which house Agorae, with non-violent means to keep the police out (a la Huge metal doors and dead end concrete chutes, in case they break in)
I suppose you could run a Free House Project, or even a Free Hotel, as long as Moochers and Leeches didn't get the wrong idea about 'free'.

David

Quote from: yonder on January 04, 2008, 12:28 PM NHFT
You should be really inspired by this video, a shining example of non-violent mass resistance to police trying to usurp natural rights from human beings that aren't bothering anyone.

http://unixbeard.blogspot.com/2007/09/fight-power-and-win.html

I've seen that elsewhere.  When the police are challenged, they have one of two choices; give in, or fight back. 

Porc housing is high on my list of things I want to do.  Need money though.  I charge for housing that I would provide.   ;)

Nathan.Halcyon

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 13, 2007, 08:41 PM NHFT
Hobbiton?
Actually, that's what I thought of when I first spotted this thread. It brought to mind earth sheltered housing, nearly full earth sheltering, mind. Something I'm planning for myself in the future. The economical nature of such housing makes solar power plausible even that far up north, (but may still not be worth the cost) with wind turbines for additional/backup generation and water pumping if the land obtained is in a good area for wind.

If not much land can be obtained, depending on how many folks get interested, and on how far you want to stray into the communal effort, you could go for an earth sheltered honeycomb, perhaps with a community bath, earth bed trays/hydroponics trays garden, and of course a brewery! Though, I'm unaware of how much strain such a thing would put on the water table, but it probably would be rather severe, depending on location and precipitation. You'd have to reclaim a lot to use as flushing water, I reckon, but that's doable. Collection and purification of rain, sleet, snow, etc is also possible. A combination using rain water filtered for bacterial contamination for flushing, and using well water for drinking and cooking could work, I suppose.

What you need to look for in this case is a wide, southern facing hill, in an area with a good deal of precipitation and reliable wind. That's not too much to ask, is it?

I know I'd be down for it once I get up there, whatever the idea is that you go with. This is the kind of practical "activism" I can really dig on. Living it. :icon_pirat: