• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bickford's to close mid-January

Started by Rosie the Riveter, December 16, 2006, 01:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Bars aren't that great for people with families.

CNHT

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 07, 2007, 08:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 07, 2007, 05:38 AM NHFT
I won't mind not driving there anymore ... it was packed yesterday. I guess not everyone spent all their money at Christmas.

Something downtown would be so much nicer on a sat, but I can't seem to think of anywhere that could work. Perhaps the downstairs meeting room/bar at the Black Brimmer. I'll check out who is open on Sat. Does everyone usually buy food or not? If 50 people  buy food that is an easy sell, but if not I wonder what the budget is for room rental.

I had a huge party at the Brimmer last year in their downstairs room. I forgot how much, but the room rental is extra besides the food I purchased which was a complete dinner buffet.

d_goddard

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 07, 2007, 08:24 AM NHFT
Bars aren't that great for people with families.
I disagree. As long as they're not smoky, pubs aka "public houses" are a fine place to bring the family for lunch and discussion.

ny2nh

The Brimmer doesn't open until 5:00pm on Saturdays.

cathleeninnh

I don't think we should pay for a room. We are a pretty big group and repeat business. Just because a place normally charges, surely we have a good negotiator among our ranks by now.

I am curious about The Yard. Anybody familiar with it?

Cathleen

Lloyd Danforth

Assuming it is in Concord, I googled 'The Yard' in Concord, NH.  Didn't find it, but, I did find this

http://www.ci.concord.nh.us/codeadmin/FeeSchedules2006/concordv2.asp?siteindx=C50,30,08,09

CNHT

Rosie the Riveter

I have a family member, and a friend, that both know the owners of the Shaskeen-- They have a "back room" and might like the Sat. afternoon business.

http://www.theshaskeen.com/index.html

I can contact them if the people that run and attend the meeting want me to.

This "bar" is family friendly and non-smoking.

CNHT

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 07, 2007, 12:05 PM NHFT
I have a family member, and a friend, that both know the owners of the Shaskeen-- They have a "back room" and might like the Sat. afternoon business.

http://www.theshaskeen.com/index.html

I can contact them if the people that run and attend the meeting want me to.

This "bar" is family friendly and non-smoking.

Non smoking? Then I doubt you'll be able to carry there... ?

JonM

CNHT

Quote from: Jon Maltz on January 07, 2007, 01:02 PM NHFT
Bicklfords is non-smoking.

That's interesting. We won't support a restaurant that won't let us carry, but we will support one that bans smoking? Hmm.

Braddogg

Quote from: CNHT on January 07, 2007, 01:27 PM NHFT

That's interesting. We won't support a restaurant that won't let us carry, but we will support one that bans smoking? Hmm.

That is interesting.  Perhaps the difference is that there might be utility in being able to open-carry in a restaurant, while it might just be pleasurable for some to be able to smoke in the restaurant.  As long as neither restaurant wants the government involved in forcing other restaurants to obey their policies . . . .

Ruger Mason

Quote from: CNHT on January 07, 2007, 01:27 PM NHFT

Why not?  I think the vast majority of Porcupines would prefer a smoke-free restaurant.

To each his own.  Let the smokers have their restaurants, and the anti-gun crowd have theirs.  The rest of us can enjoy a smoke-free environment while packing.

CNHT

Quote from: Ruger Mason on January 07, 2007, 02:02 PM NHFT

Why not?  I think the vast majority of Porcupines would prefer a smoke-free restaurant.

To each his own.  Let the smokers have their restaurants, and the anti-gun crowd have theirs.  The rest of us can enjoy a smoke-free environment while packing.

Well since I have taken up smoking in addition to packing, I guess I won't be attending.

Pat K

Those who know me, know that I am a big time smoker, but I would not want to have meetings at a smoke filled place were folks are going to come and bring their kids. I can always just step outside.