• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property tax rebellion in Nashua?

Started by Dave Ridley, December 19, 2006, 10:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Got this message from a fellow traveller in Nashua but i think it's of statewide interest:

Dear David,
   The Nashua Taxfighters will be meeting Jan 4, 18, and 25 in the
Auditorium (3rd floor) Nashua City Hall (7 pm) with the single purpose
of ending property taxes for anyone who no longer wishes to pay them. We
can do it if we have the numbers (of people). Please come, and bring all
the friends you have who might be interested.

----

Later msg from the same guy:

Dear Dave,
  My wife just reminded me that we're going to be out of town at a
wedding in Oregon on Jan 4. I want to be there for the first night
meeting of the Nashua Tax-Fighters Union, so let's cancel Jan 4 and go
to Jan 18 for the first nite's meeting. Sorry. I got so excited about
the meetings that I forgot about our trip. Please add the correction at
NHFree.com? that we'll hold off until the 18th.
Thank you, David. Andrew Tempelman

Dreepa

they might want to replace it with another 'fairer' tax!

slim

lordmetroid

That sounds great... To bad I don't live in NH yet. I specially checked out Nashua for settlement as it is located near both Manchester and Concord as well as Massachusetts' biger cities. It is also has easy access to the interstate downtowards NY where my family lives so I can get there in reasonable time.

The only thing I find disadvantageous is the zoning constrictions and the appearent lack of any land that doesn't have a house built on it already. I want to build a new house designed as I want it too and I want to have a little bit of privacy rather than thee neighbour on your doorstep.

Russell Kanning

These taxpayer groups talk big .... I hope they surprise me. :)

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 20, 2006, 07:31 AM NHFT
These taxpayer groups talk big .... I hope they surprise me. :)
CNHT as an organization has done truckloads to keep NH economically free. More than all us early-movers have done, hands down (hey, they've been at it for years & years). They just haven't been focused on advertising their successes.

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 19, 2006, 10:11 PM NHFT
The Nashua Taxfighters will be meeting Jan 4, 18, and 25 in the
Auditorium (3rd floor) Nashua City Hall (7 pm) with the single purpose
of ending property taxes for anyone who no longer wishes to pay them.
There is a 90% chance I'll come to at least one of these meetings, to:
a) listen
b) pass out Liberty Forum tri-folds (these are people who should definitely hook up with taxpayer activists at the Forum, and other pro-freedom groups)
c) pass out NHLA tri-folds
d) tell 'em hey have friends over at nhfree.com :)

FrankChodorov

with the single purpose
can do it if we have the numbers (of people).

well that sounds like a winning strategy...don't pay your property taxes which raises them on your neighbor!

Braddogg

Quote from: FrankChodorov on December 20, 2006, 08:53 AM NHFT
with the single purpose

well that sounds like a winning strategy...don't pay your property taxes which raises them on your neighbor!

Geez, Bill.  Don't tell me you buy into the whole "pay your fair share" thing.  I know you believe in paying your fair share on the land value, but property taxes today have the capital value assessed, too -- do you think it's legitimate?  "Pay your fair share," or the theives will want more from your neighbors.  Nonsense, Bill.

FrankChodorov

Quote from: Braddogg on December 20, 2006, 09:11 AM NHFT
with the single purpose

Don't tell me you buy into the whole "pay your fair share" thing.  I know you believe in paying your fair share on the land value, but property taxes today have the capital value assessed, too -- do you think it's legitimate?  "Pay your fair share," or the theives will want more from your neighbors. 

my comment was simply to say that I do not think this is a viable winning strategy - political or otherwise...ultimately you will be asking people to become property tax martyrs like Lauren is a eminent domain martyr.

I don't believe in paying your "fair share" on land values...I believe your shouldn't steal the wealth from your neighbors created with their labor and violate their absolute right of self-ownership.

if the taxpayers said we should shift taxation off of capital and onto socially created land values and share the economic rent directly and equally with our neighbors to uphold their absolute rights of self-ownership...then you bet I would be involved.

Dave Ridley

from andy:

Dear Dave,
  My wife just reminded me that we're going to be out of town at a
wedding in Oregon on Jan 4. I want to be there for the first night
meeting of the Nashua Tax-Fighters Union, so let's cancel Jan 4 and go
to Jan 18 for the first nite's meeting. Sorry. I got so excited about
the meetings that I forgot about our trip. Please add the correction at
NHFree.com? that we'll hold off until the 18th.
Thank you, David. Andrew Tempelman

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on December 19, 2006, 11:10 PM NHFT
they might want to replace it with another 'fairer' tax!

I doubt it.  That guy is a friend of Jack's.

FTL_Ian

I hope someone posts a summary of what occurs.  I'm very interested, but cannot attend.

Ruger Mason

I'm going to attend.  I'm the vice chair of Manchester's taxpayer group, and I need to some interesting and bold ideas to light the fire under people here. :)

We've been talking about a spending cap in Manchester this year, and we intend to do it, but the reality is that it won't amount to much in the way of real freedom.  Convincing 500 homeowners to withhold their property taxes though would cause quite a stir.  But its hard to find a lot of people who want to risk losing their homes, and who aren't contractually obligated by their mortgage lender to pay them.  I fear Russell is right about the "big talk."  But it should be interesting.

Lloyd Danforth

with the single purpose

Increase their misery and maybe they will become activists.