• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine Housing in Manchester

Started by alecmuller, December 23, 2006, 02:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rochelle

Alec hasn't answered, but I will....and he can correct me if I get anything wrong ;)
Parking is arranged by seniority. There is a driveway that can fit 4 cars in it (1 in the garage, Alec's, since he's landlord) and then three more on the driveway. Right now there is one empty parking spot in the  driveway. Other than that, there is parking on the street, which is only a problem in the winter since you can only park on one side of the street on some days and the other side on other days because of the snow plows.

Russell Kanning

alecmuller

Sure Russell, there's valet parking.  Just give me your keys . . . ;)

Rochelle summed it up well for parking.  The only thing I'd add is that there's space in the driveway for 7 or 8 cars during snow emergencies when they ban parking on both sides of the street - we just have to block each other in.

I'm all set for roommates for now, but I'll definitely be back posting here the next time there's an opening.

Thanks!
Alec

Rochelle

QuoteRochelle summed it up well for parking.  The only thing I'd add is that there's space in the driveway for 7 or 8 cars during snow emergencies when they ban parking on both sides of the street - we just have to block each other in.
Yea, I actually just found out about the whole Snow Emergency thing the other day while I was reading the Hippo. I knew about the flashing lights on the traffic lights that signify a snow emergency, but I didn't know that when one was in effect, parking on the streets was forbidden. Hah. Of course, this winter being the horrible, terrible mass of unforgiving winterness that it's been, I don't think that bit of knowledge has been too important so far :)

Rochelle

Bumping this!
There are more rooms available (or will be starting in March). Alec'll post in this thread with more details once NHfree.com accepts his cookies again :)

Quantrill

If there's still a room in July/August I'll prolly be interested.  Who knows - maybe I'll get to the Liberty Forum this weekend and decide there's no need to go back to MO...

:icon_guitarist:

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Quantrill on February 20, 2007, 06:40 PM NHFT
If there's still a room in July/August I'll prolly be interested.  Who knows - maybe I'll get to the Liberty Forum this weekend and decide there's no need to go back to MO...
:icon_guitarist:

Now you're talkin'

+1 just for thinkin' it

Amos Keag

Quote from: Quantrill on February 20, 2007, 06:40 PM NHFT
Who knows - maybe I'll get to the Liberty Forum this weekend and decide there's no need to go back to MO...

you do that, and we'll be doin' keg stands on the back porch...vegas, baby!

alecmuller

Hi guys!

I have one room open right now for $475 a month and will have two more (one for $475 and one for $400) in about a week if anyone is interested in moving to Manchester.  It's a great port-of-entry for porcupines in New Hampshire because there's a high concentration of work opportunities and fellow Free Staters here.

As always, if you're a mechanical, electrical, or embedded systems engineer or technician looking for work in New Hampshire, contact me because my company is hiring.

Alec

Caveman

Hey all new to the forum, I'm Chris from Alaska from the Liberty Forum and I've decided to stay in NH until the 3rd of march. So i was wondering if i could use the place until the third?

Dreepa

Quote from: Caveman on February 25, 2007, 06:04 PM NHFT
Hey all new to the forum, I'm Chris from Alaska from the Liberty Forum and I've decided to stay in NH until the 3rd of march. So i was wondering if i could use the place until the third?
Cool I see you found this thread... .you might want to send him a PM...

Damn.. how many people did I NOT meet at the LF?

Insurgent

I can personally vouch for Chris--he's a cool cat who we hung out with at the Forum/AltExpo

As always the offer to stay at my dump in the slums of Concord is open, if you're that desperate  ;)

Caveman

Quote from: Insurgent on February 25, 2007, 06:33 PM NHFT
I can personally vouch for Chris--he's a cool cat who we hung out with at the Forum/AltExpo

As always the offer to stay at my dump in the slums of Concord is open, if you're that desperate  ;)

lol it can't be that bad  ???

error

Concord has slums? Oh hell, I'm just bored.

Insurgent

Of course Concord has slums, just like any other city. The dynamics of it are just a little different than some other cities, like my native Minneapolis. The poor still need to live somewhere  :tent: