• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Woodstock

Started by Alex, Minarchist Minutema, December 28, 2006, 02:57 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex, Minarchist Minutema

I was just looking at land prices in Woodstock... and my question is.... 'whats up with that'?

Woodstock seems to be about the most expensive area in the whole state.  I was seeing 1.5 million dollar pieces of land for like 1.5 or 2 acres properties (no houses... just the land)... whereas the average land price for most other places seems to hover between $1,400 - $5,000 per acre (mainly for larger plots).  Anyone have a general idea why that area is so expensive?

Vote Tyler Stearns

There's a premium price on land in places like Woodstock and Waterville Valley because there's very limited private land available, since it's essentially surrounded by the 770,000-acre White Mountain National Forest.  They're not building new land, so it's a case of supply vs demand. Also, these areas are resort communities.  If the 'outsiders' want to move north and live where they play, it contributes to increased demand. And, it's quality of life.  It ain't cheap picking up your own piece of paradise.

There are some great land deals right now in places like Berlin -- although I can't for the life of me figure why anyone would want to live in Berlin.  People have caught on that NH's a great place to live or invest in property.  Sweet land deals are few and far between nowadays.

Russell Kanning

in resort areas land is more expensive ... if you want cheap, choose a place no self respecting rich person from Boston or NYC would ever live.