• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Silent demos planned for Wed. 1/3 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, December 29, 2006, 08:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Wednesday Jan. 3 I have silent demos planned for the concord area.   Observer(s) welcome (if willing to also remain silent).  lemme kno if you'd like to tag along.   

15 percent chance I will have to switch the date so stay tuned. 

Alex, Minarchist Minutema

Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 29, 2006, 08:33 AM NHFT

Wednesday Jan. 3 I have silent demos planned for the concord area.   Observer(s) welcome (if willing to also remain silent).  lemme kno if you'd like to tag along.   

Remind me again why being silent is a more desireable form of protest than opening ones mouth and using the body parts that either nature or God gave us for its intended purpose... which is to convey information to others so as to better facilitate understanding?

Spencer

Quote from: Alex, Minarchist Minutema on December 29, 2006, 07:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on December 29, 2006, 08:33 AM NHFT

Remind me again why being silent is a more desireable form of protest than opening ones mouth and using the body parts that either nature or God gave us for its intended purpose... which is to convey information to others so as to better facilitate understanding?

People who stand silently in the face of government violence and oppression illustrate the violence and oppression of the government far more effectively than loudmouths. 

Just think of the last crazy person you saw wandering around a major city's downtown area screaming versus a homeless person with a sign saying "Will Work for Food."  Sure,  you probably remember the crazy guy a bit better, but whose message do you remember better?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Alex, Minarchist Minutema on December 29, 2006, 07:02 PM NHFT

1. The impossibility of self-incrimination through speech.

2. "And the tongue is a fire, the [very] world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of [our] life, and is set on fire by hell." -James 3:6

3. He's following the law and doing what he's told, but not exactly how they want him to do it, and there's nothing they can do about it because they're struck with confusion.

4. The right to remain silent.

error

Russell Kanning

maybe dada thinks his smile looks better when his mouth is closed

TackleTheWorld

I can silently follow Dada with a video camera on Wednesday.
Everyone will be able to see the faces of the naughty bureaucrats as Dada gives them "the treatment".
>:D

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on December 29, 2006, 08:46 PM NHFT
I can silently follow Dada with a video camera on Wednesday.
Everyone will be able to see the faces of the naughty bureaucrats as Dada gives them "the treatment".
>:D

+1 more karma for you Lauren. I'd love to see that video.

error

I already have a bizarre little collection of videos I've collected from various places up there. It's the only place you can watch videos about Lauren and the NSA in one place.

TackleTheWorld

Need help making signs for Wednesday?
I've got some materials, Dave. 

Dave Ridley

Thanks Lauren!  heh heh what an honor for a garden variety silent demonstrator to be filmed my the most famous one.

The signs are the easiest part, assuming we don't try to demonstrate for passing cars afterwards.  I will make one for each expected participant probably.  However you may have some better ideas than me regarding what the signs should say.

In your case I think showing up with the camera is pretty much all you need to do!   I don't know if you have much videotaping experience but One piece of advice on that ...make sure you shoot mostly with the camera on wide angle setting and focus like a laser on holding it super steady.   That's not to say you shouldn't move around and aim at different things, but steadiness is a real virtue in the process.

Dave Ridley

<<Remind me again why being silent is a more desireable form of protest than opening ones mouth >>

Nah...rather than reminding you I choose to remain silent :)

Michael Fisher

I wish someone would have taped Russell's "Waiting-for-Big-Brother" protest. :)