• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Silent demos planned for Wed. 1/3 (calendar entry)

Started by Dave Ridley, December 29, 2006, 08:33 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Michael Fisher on December 29, 2006, 11:40 PM NHFT
I wish someone would have taped Russell's "Waiting-for-Big-Brother" protest. :)

Humor is a great viral marketing strategy!

Michael Fisher

Quote from: error on December 29, 2006, 07:51 PM NHFT
5. It thoroughly confuses the bureaucrats.

Quote from: Michael Fisher on December 29, 2006, 07:14 PM NHFT
3. ...and there's nothing they can do about it because they're struck with confusion.

;)

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Next demo at the airport is 1/17, if someone wants to film it for some reason.

TackleTheWorld

Political Churches Questioned By Anti-Tax Protesters

CONCORD, NH - Opponents of New Hampshire's anti-tax pledge were surprised to see protesters in their offices today.  "The Pledge" is a promise by political candidates affirming that they will vote against sales or income taxes.  Since 1972 no New Hampshire governor has been elected without taking the pledge.  Church and political organizations such as the Episcopal Dioceses, New Hampshire Council of Churches of and the League of Women Voters have announced that they will fight for an end to the pledge.

Members of nhfree.com, a forum advocating lower taxes and smaller government, held silent protests at several locations around Concord.  The protesters, who refuse to argue, shout or even speak, planned to hold signs, distribute leaflets, and leave when asked.  Protest signs said "Thou Shalt Not Steal".  Leaflets pointed out that "Taxation is not much different from theft", and asked where Jesus recommended loosing hardships and losses on innocent neighbors.

The reaction of Church office workers ranged from giggling in disbelief to stunned anger.  The protesters received one short sermon, one threat to have the police called, and one curt demand to leave immediately. When they were asked to leave at each location, the activists backed out of the offices slowly, continuing to display their signs of disapproval outside the property.

Pat K

Michael Fisher

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on January 03, 2007, 10:49 PM NHFT
The reaction of Church office workers ranged from giggling in disbelieve to stunned anger.  The protesters recieved one short sermon, one threat to have the police called, and one curt demand to leave immediately.

I would have just given you freshly baked chocolate-chip cookies if you protested against me. Then we'd hopefully sit down and have a talk.

These guys threaten you and kick you out. It really shows you where they're coming from, and how much they care about liberty, which is apparently very little.

Michael Fisher

Thank you for putting yourselves on the line to do this! :)

KBCraig

;D ;D ;D

Here's a "Dada sign":

IF GOV
TAXED CHURCHES
WOULD U STILL
OPPOSE
THE PLEDGE?

KBCraig

Russell Kanning

What reporter should I credit with this report? :)

d_goddard

Just in case there is an actual press release...
The reaction of Church office workers ranged from giggling in disbelieve
should be "disbelief"

Tom Sawyer

Also noticed that pesky i before e except after c thing  (why can't english be consistent ;) )

recieved should be received

Nice write up Lauren. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: d_goddard on January 04, 2007, 04:52 AM NHFT
Just in case there is an actual press release...
The reaction of Church office workers ranged from giggling in disbelieve
should be "disbelief"

Thanks ... I didn't notice that one. :)