• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Property Tax Question

Started by Grunt, January 03, 2005, 02:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

pascal.belanger

I'm juggling with the idea of leaving this shit hole (quebec under siege of liberal corrup son's of bicth) what is the % of tax on income?

rothamerica

We have NO state income tax here in NH.  C'mon down, Pascal

pascal.belanger

Hey? don't give a pengouin(a guy goe's to see to see a prostitut and ask her
what he can have for five buck ,a pengouin she repply,so the guy intrigue say's
yes and off the go to the motel.She start to "pump" the guy and when he start
to get arrouded she leave's so the guy start to follow the woman with his pant
down (walking like a pengouin) and saying "hey i'm not finish!'' ,) I want to know more!please! :o

rothamerica

We have no income or sales taxes here in New Hampshire.  The state makes that up through our property taxes, which are rather high, but based on what we pay out, is generally lower than the rest of the nation.  That is why the Free State Project came to New Hampshire...because of the liberties we already have.  I have lived here in NH for 30 years, and I love this place, better than any other place in the US.  It's because of the state's governmental structure that makes NH a great place to live, work and play  That is why we have the motto "Live Free or Die"!.

Grunt

Im a 100% disabled veteran so I am immune to property tax up to a certain amount. Only problem is 12 month residency before it kicks in. Thats just as well as it will take us time to find a house we like.

pascal.belanger

Scot could give me idea of that level say a 130 000$Plus my son suffer from authesim,[tr][/tr] do you know if  i could get service for his condition like a education facility
and other medical related field like speech therapist,shrink,ergo-therapist?

rothamerica

I am not quite understanding the entire question, but as far as your son goes, you may want to check out Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, located in Greenfield, NH.  Their link is: www.crotchedmountain.org.  They may be able to assist your son, or give you some direction as to where else to look for the services that he needs.  As far as the $130,000, if that pertains to the price of property, you can find many homes here in NH at that price.  It just depends upon where you want to settle.  If that figure represents an income level, you may be able to find that in places like Nashua, Manchester or Portsmouth.

pascal.belanger

Ok i just to know how much tax i must pay i live in canada so don't know your level
just want to know what i will be facing.Give me some exemple please ???

ridgerunner

Property taxes vary widely in NH.? It is because the property tax funds such a large percentage of city, school and county government.? In Keene the rate is now around 3% of value per year (+/-).? Pretty hefty.? About 2/3 or it goes to the schools.

As odd as it may seem if you find a reasonably priced place someplace with a lot of seasonal occupancy you may be better off than a "normal" town or city.? Less kids in school, generally higher value properties.? Towns tend to have lower town government costs because they are still non union, generally have volunteer fire and the people have more direct control through town meetings (vs. a city council).? Downside is you have to drive a ways (for NE) for amenities.