• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dartmouth Area Monthly Porcupine Meeting

Started by Caleb, December 31, 2006, 11:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Great!  We're looking forward to meeting you.

Lex

What time do you guys plan on dispersing? If I'm out of the exam early enough I may try to make it, otherwise I'll just head over to Ed's.

the_liberty_belle

I expect the meeting will probably go until at least 1:30.

the_liberty_belle

Thanks to everyone who came out to our first meeting today!  We had a huge turnout (much more than I expected anyway!), about 20 people came!  I really enjoyed meeting you.
For those who couldn't make it: our meeting was mostly informal.  We had free staters from all over NH come (some on their way up to Ed Brown's house) and also some folks from New York and Rhode Island who have not moved to NH yet. 
We did discuss HB 92, the marijuana decriminalization bill on which the NH house Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee heard testimony this Wednesday.  HB 92 is currently in subcommittee and we discussed various ways to incite a public debate about marijuana decrim and how to help this bill out of committee and onto the house floor. 
We also discussed Ed Brown's situation and national media coverage given to his case.
Kat was kind enough to bring some copies of the Keene Free Press which I will distribute at/around Dartmouth. 
Our next meeting will be Saturday 2/17, same time same place if everyone else who is interested in coming is OK with scheduling it then (and keeping the same venue - maybe we should change, the food was great but admittedly it was a big small!).  At our next meeting we will bring up more ideas for activism in the Upper Valley and all over NH.

Pat K

Rocketman

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on January 20, 2007, 05:00 PM NHFT
We did discuss HB 92, the marijuana decriminalization bill on which the NH house Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee heard testimony this Wednesday.  HB 92 is currently in subcommittee and we discussed various ways to incite a public debate about marijuana decrim and how to help this bill out of committee and onto the house floor. 

shameless webplug: www.nhcommonsense.org

the_liberty_belle

D'oh, should have plugged it myself.  Please, sign and tell your friends!

Braddogg

Wow, 20 people at Yama?  Did the waiters have to wait outside?  Glad y'all had a big turnout -- it's exciting to hear!

the_liberty_belle

I think they were saying, "uhh, I believe we're breaking lots of fire codes but who cares, we're getting a ton of business!" (in Korean, of course).

We missed you!

the_liberty_belle

Hi Everybody,
I was still planning to have our next meeting next Saturday, but if 20 people show up again it might be a good idea to meet someplace that has more room so we can all sit together.  Can I get a rough idea of who wants to come?
Stephanie

Russell Kanning

I don't think there will be 20. Let me check to see if we are coming.

aworldnervelink

41mag

Pat K

Those live fish are so hard to keep on a plate.
What with their flopping and all.

the_liberty_belle

In some Asian countries people eat soup that contains live baby eels.