• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Dartmouth Area Monthly Porcupine Meeting

Started by Caleb, December 31, 2006, 11:12 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Baby live eels!  They must tickle as they go down!  :icon_stop:

the_liberty_belle

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 12, 2007, 06:41 AM NHFT
Baby live eels!  They must tickle as they go down!  :icon_stop:

I can't attest to that personally, but my friend from Japan says they feel pretty weird... he says the trick is to slurp them down as fast as possible.

the_liberty_belle

OK, the feedback I've gotten says:
1) The vast majority of folks who came last time came from points south.  Should we move our venue to somewhere more toward Grantham, Grafton, Sunapee, or somewhere thereabouts?  Does anybody have a suggestion for a place where we could all sit together and talk in that area?
2) Japanese food is expensive and not everyone likes it.  Would anyone just want to meet up at a coffee house and get drinks instead of food?  We could change the time to later in the afternoon if everyone wants to, maybe 3:00 - I know there were a few people who couldn't make the noontime meeting last time.  Suggestions for a place are welcome.
I'll post this on the Yahoo group too, and we'll get a definite time and place worked out within the next few days.

Lex

the_liberty_belle

Lex

Braddogg

Hmm, I don't think I have plans Saturday; I may catch the (evil?) Dartmouth Coach bus and join you for the fun.  What time is the shindig?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: the_liberty_belle on February 12, 2007, 07:20 AM NHFT
1) The vast majority of folks who came last time came from points south.  Should we move our venue to somewhere more toward Grantham, Grafton, Sunapee, or somewhere thereabouts? 
You might get a totally different makeup this time.

We are from Keene and West Leb is better than Hanover by a little bit. Other places farther East might be good for others, but no better for us. It would have to be all the way down in Newport to be better for us.

Since this group is for and by guys from your area, then make it best for that area and if some of us want to come ... we can suffer.

The last place was decent ... they were friendly and my meal was inexpensive. Anyone can choose to turn a restaurant into a coffee shop and just order something small or not at all. :) I like choosing places for location, seating, and friendly staffs. 8)

Russell Kanning

Where are we meeting this time?
We might not have as many, so we can fit in the last place.

the_liberty_belle

Good points, Russell.  Yes, I like to patronize Yama - they are nice people there and they work hard.  Why don't we keep our meeting at Yama and keep the time at 12 noon (please try to be prompt).

Here are the details, which I will post to the calendar here and to the Yahoo group:

Dartmouth Area Porcupine Meeting
Saturday, February 17th
12:00 Noon
Yama Restaurant
96 Main St
West Lebanon, NH 03784

If anyone wants my number so you can get in touch with me on short notice and you don't have it already, just PM or email me.

the_liberty_belle

Quote from: Braddogg on February 15, 2007, 02:39 AM NHFT
Hmm, I don't think I have plans Saturday; I may catch the (evil?) Dartmouth Coach bus and join you for the fun.  What time is the shindig?

Hey David, let me know if you need a ride from the bus station! :-)

Russell Kanning

sounds good ... you can see over time ... where the gang comes from.

We will visit Ed Brown and hang out with the porcupine crew. I wonder if Ed could ever get out to come to parties. Nah ... that would be too complicated. ;)

the_liberty_belle