• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Help New Free Stater w/ Market Surveys for New Job

Started by matt.robinson1, January 02, 2007, 08:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

matt.robinson1

I just moved into the free state (in Manchester) about a week and a half ago and I'm loving it.  I'm interviewing for a job as a financial advisor with Waddell and Reed and need a little help.  They are asking me to do 50 market surveys to get an idea of how much people are involved in investing and what their views are on the Financial Services industry.  I would be very grateful to anyone that would volunteer to complete my survey.  It only takes 10 minutes, but I have to ask the questions.  Although face to face is slightly preferable, it can be done either in person or over the phone.  There's 10 questions and they are fairly general, non-invasive questions.  Nothing like what your net worth is.  I am not selling anything through this survey.  They just want me to get an idea of what I'm getting into.  They do want me to ask if, after I start this job, I may call on you (with a seasoned professional) regarding your financial goals, but it doesn't matter if you say no.  That is about it.  I've done the survey with several people already and they all think it is pretty painless.

I need to finish these market surveys as soon as possible, so anyone that is willing to help me please contact me directly (phone is best):

Matthew Robinson
614-260-9228
matt.robinson1@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Dave Ridley

Rosie the Riveter

error

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 02, 2007, 09:20 PM NHFT
I checked out the website http://www.waddell.com/index.html and it looks like "network marketing". Is it?

Network marketing? I don't see anything like that. All I see is your typical investment firm.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: error on January 02, 2007, 09:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: castle_chaser on January 02, 2007, 09:20 PM NHFT
I checked out the website http://www.waddell.com/index.html and it looks like "network marketing". Is it?

Network marketing? I don't see anything like that. All I see is your typical investment firm.

Ok, your probably right, it just makes me weary when I see that someone has to contact 50 people to get a job that the website says is working for commission selling the companies investments and insurance. I am just "network marketing" phobic.

KBCraig

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 02, 2007, 09:28 PM NHFT
Ok, your probably right, it just makes me weary when I see that someone has to contact 50 people to get a job that the webiste says is working for commission selling the companies investments and insurance. I am just "network marketing" phobic.

I am, too. But since his job would consist of calling (or calling on) people and asking about their investment needs and plans, then the test seems reasonable.

Kevin

citizen_142002

I'll call you tommorow. I'd be glad to help. If I have enough money to bother investing at some point, I'll keep you in mind.