• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Keene welcomes five new bloggers!

Started by FTL_Ian, January 03, 2007, 02:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Within days of the launch of the site, Free Keene now has six bloggers:

Toby Iselin, Eric Scott, Caleb Johnson, Mark Edge, Julia Miranda, and yours truly.

http://freekeene.com/bloggers/

money dollars

I won't consider them bloggers until they post something....

d_goddard

They're posting, and FreeKeene is now on the FreeStateBlogs "cool links"

David

Caleb had a very good blog, or was it an essay?

Russell Kanning

I love the descriptions .... what is a devout athiest? What are you devout about or to? devoutly materialistic?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 05, 2007, 01:34 PM NHFT
I love the descriptions .... what is a devout athiest? What are you devout about or to? devoutly materialistic?

LOL, I've emailed Eric to point this out.

d_goddard

I'm a devout atheist.
I have deep reverence in the knowledge that every second of life is precious, and than it's The End when my body stops working.

Caleb

Why must there be no God for every second of life to be precious?

TackleTheWorld

Russell Kanning

Devout
1. Devoted to religion or to the fulfillment of religious obligations. See Synonyms at religious.
2. Displaying reverence or piety.
3. Sincere; earnest: devout wishes for their success.

So you could be a sincere or earnest athiest.

atheism (?`th?-?z'?m), denial of the existence of God or gods and of any supernatural existence....

I don't get the point about being a devoutly deny the existence of God.

Or is atheism a religion you are devoted to? I just don't get it. If you think God doesn't exist, wouldn't you just be indifferent to the idea ... not a earnest follower of the denial of God?

Russell Kanning

Braddogg

Hah, I was going to say, Russell, you don't believe in the legitimacy of the government, but you're certainly anything but indifferent to it.

Russell Kanning

error

Dvorak is still a dumbass. And his "analysis" is surprisingly thin on actual analysis.

Russell Kanning