• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sweden - Woman turned away by state doctor for being american

Started by burnthebeautiful, January 03, 2007, 08:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: TEBON on January 05, 2007, 09:29 AM NHFT
The 'doctor' should have his license taken.  Bottom line.

I agree. As I said, I know someone who was in Canada, wanted to PAY OUT OF POCKET to see the doctor, but because he was not in their 'system' which is a mandatory government program, they did not want to treat him and he almost died.

This is why I go nuts when I hear people say they are going to leave the country because we are not as 'free' as Canada. That is one of the most totalitarian places there is.

Big deal if you women can go topless in the street. That isn't high on my list of priorities for 'freedom' !!!

:BangHead:

TEBON

Quote from: CNHT on January 05, 2007, 10:02 AM NHFT
The 'doctor' should have his license taken.  Bottom line.

I agree. As I said, I know someone who was in Canada, wanted to PAY OUT OF POCKET to see the doctor, but because he was not in their 'system' which is a mandatory government program, they did not want to treat him and he almost died.

This is why I go nuts when I hear people say they are going to leave the country because we are not as 'free' as Canada. That is one of the most totalitarian places there is.

Big deal if you can go topless in the street. That isn't high on my list of priorities for 'freedom' !!!

:BangHead:

some would like every American to feel bad about what a dummy like George W. Bush does.  They don't take into account that GWB doesn't pull all the strings, yet he is the face of those who do.  Some Americans want to live their life feeling bad that they might have in some way cause some pain and suffering across the world.  At the same time, those people don't do enough to stop said pain and suffering.  I mean, if you really disagree with what America does, then use whatever means necessary to stop it. . .even if that means losing your life.  Sitting here and crying about it doesn't stop anything. . . it just makes people feel bad. 

if someone dies in Iraq, that's AMERICA's fault.  So you feel strongly about it?  Go over to Iraq and shoot our soliders.  Go blow up the Capitol. 

Instead, we want to blame the woman with a sore throat who wants nothing more than to get it fixed.  And some scumbag doctor decides that she's not good enough to be seen by him (personally, I wouldn't take decorating tips from people that sleep on dirt floors-- if you catch my drift).  She may have been lucky, she might have a trachiotomy right now if he had seen her.

It's all horsecrap. . . whites should feel bad about slavery. . .even though I don't know a white person that owns a slave.  Some people think guns should be banned, yet people who genuinely want a gun are forced to wade through a pool of red tape just to use the rights they are given. 

I won't feel bad, if you want to, go right ahead.  But you can't yell at me not to swim if you're in the pool with me. 

applaud CNHT

Rosie the Riveter

So if you went to another country and got raped in the anus, you'd throw up your hands and say "hey, what the hell, I deserved that one!" 

come on please!  I only hope someday that everyone who feels bad for everything else that they have no control over will just die out.  It's a sickness.

:puke:

TEBON

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 06, 2007, 03:08 PM NHFT
So if you went to another country and got raped in the anus, you'd throw up your hands and say "hey, what the hell, I deserved that one!" 

come on please!  I only hope someday that everyone who feels bad for everything else that they have no control over will just die out.  It's a sickness.

Dude, Your posts always offend me.  :violent5:

thankfully I'm not in the business of telling people what they want to hear.  I also can't really say I'm sorry for offending you.  Some people just need to get over it.  If you can't take how "horrible" all my posts are, I invite you to take the cowards way out and ignore me.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: TEBON on January 07, 2007, 10:11 AM NHFT

thankfully I'm not in the business of telling people what they want to hear.  I also can't really say I'm sorry for offending you.  Some people just need to get over it.  If you can't take how "horrible" all my posts are, I invite you to take the cowards way out and ignore me.

Wow, again harsh -- There is an actual person here on the other end of this message board.

TEBON

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 07, 2007, 02:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: TEBON on January 07, 2007, 10:11 AM NHFT

Wow, again harsh -- There is an actual person here on the other end of this message board.

not being harsh in the least.  I think you're a good person, I'm sure we agree on many things, but what has me at my wits end is people worrying too much about offending another person.  I find it quite non-effeicient. . .and removes what could be good ideas from the plane of thought.

I understand you are a person.  What I am sorry for is wasting everyone's time in you telling me you're offended, and my replies saying that it doesn't matter.

eques

It is entirely possible to be indifferent to offending other people without being obnoxious.

TEBON

Quote from: eques on January 07, 2007, 07:05 PM NHFT
It is entirely possible to be indifferent to offending other people without being obnoxious.

I'm sure it is.  However another thing I don't worry about is what exactly others deem "obnoxious".  Everyone finds something else obnoxious, offensive, etc etc etc.

For example, you want to call me out for my offensive words.  What should be offensive?  Perhaps offensive is the little smiley faces.. one of which is burning the other one.  Funny that nothing is said about that.  I never said in word or emoticon that I wanted to burn someone with a flamethrower.  Its unfortunate to the writer that I don't find it offensive.  I think it's stupid.

but if I must, here are some tissues. . . .:crybaby2:

CNHT

Don't worry TEBON. Political correctness is nothing more than mind control.

No one should be offended by anyone else's ideas, which are only at discussion point.

Now when they start hurting you physically, that's another story...

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: CNHT on January 07, 2007, 08:12 PM NHFT
Don't worry TEBON. Political correctness is nothing more than mind control.

No one should be offended by anyone else's ideas, which are only at discussion point.

Now when they start hurting you physically, that's another story...

It was TEBON's post directed to me that said "So if you went to another country and got raped in the anus, you'd throw up your hands and say "hey, what the hell, I deserved that one!"  that post was so bad and then another obnoxious post followed it -- I thought it was fair to tell him... suggesting that if I had been "raped in the anus" I would say "hey, what the hell, I deserved that one" is ludicrous and offensive -- even if it is just his idea.

CNHT

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 07, 2007, 08:21 PM NHFT
It was TEBON's post directed to me that said "So if you went to another country and got raped in the anus, you'd throw up your hands and say "hey, what the hell, I deserved that one!"  that post was so bad and then another obnoxious post followed it -- I thought it was fair to tell him... suggesting that if I had been "raped in the anus" I would say "hey, what the hell, I deserved that one" is ludicrous and offensive -- even if it is just his idea.

Well it was a crude way of putting it I admit, but it did make his point about group guilt.

This victim stuff is ridiculous...what this doctor did. It doesn't fit the NAP and is hypocritical.

TEBON, next time don't be so graphic that you offend someone ok?

Tom Sawyer

TEBON lives in Massachusetts... he probably can't help himself. All that pent up frustration, it kind of makes you into a reactionary. "I know because these liberals around me are too sensitive I'll go in the opposite direction and be a crude dude."

That anger eats away at you... I've seen it in a lot of folks that feel stuck there.

davek

If the goal is to win over an opponent, consider the possibility that being abrasive distracts from one's argument.  A little restraint may encourage an opponent to be more receptive.

CNHT

Quote from: Roger Grant on January 07, 2007, 08:38 PM NHFT
TEBON lives in Massachusetts... he probably can't help himself. All that pent up frustration, it kind of makes you into a reactionary. "I know because these liberals around me are too sensitive I'll go in the opposite direction and be a crude dude."

That anger eats away at you... I've seen it in a lot of folks that feel stuck there.

I find that a lot of younger people just can't escape the mind control tactics they were taught in the public schools and use them even when they are on the right side of things.
The brainwashing has become so de rigeur that they feel it's fair game in an argument to pull out the 'feelings' card.

In other words, you are wrong because you 'hurt my feelings', or you are a 'racist' or, 'you don't care about poor people'.

It's mind control, aimed at trying to make you feel guilty for your logic on how things should be when none of those issues are even part of it.

I don't like reading posts with the word he  mentioned but as I  said, he made his point and he made it well.
If it gets someone to thinking about what they have said that doesn't make sense....

CNHT

Quote from: davek on January 07, 2007, 09:23 PM NHFT
If the goal is to win over an opponent, consider the possibility that being abrasive distracts from one's argument.  A little restraint may encourage an oponent to be more receptive.

Really. Well, that interesting when I don't find a lot of restraint on this board when people start whole threads calling others 'racists' do you?
That's a lefty tactic and I find THAT offensive when trying to win an argument that tactic is used.