• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Logged on forever?

Started by ninetales1234, January 08, 2007, 03:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ninetales1234

Whenever I log in to my account, I choose to stay logged in permanently, but, whenever I return to the forum later, I am not logged in.

I recently discovered this forum through FTL, and it seems like a really cool place, so I want to get this resolved, cos I can see this causing some problems later on.

I made a long post in a thread about tax rebellion and then went to preview it by hitting the preview button. I got a page that said, I have to be logged in to post (of course, I already logged in a few minutes before that and chose to stay logged in forever). I hit the "back" button on my browser to see if the text I typed was still there, but it was all lost. I couldn't recover it.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have logged in multiple times and chose to stay logged in forever, but it just doesn't work. My browser is Internet Explorer 7, if that helps.

thanx

error

Sounds like you have cookie problems.

You should stop using Internet Explorer.

eques

Try deleting your cookies (or, at least the cookies referring to forum.soulawakenings.com) and see if that helps at all.  In the future, pop open a new window and log in, and then go to the original window and hit "refresh."  IE should ask you if you want to resubmit your information, to which you should probably say "yes."

Oh, and you get karma for quoting me.  ;D

[Edit] or you could just use mozilla firefox.  I've used IE without a problem, so I doubt it's IE by itself.

You might also look at your browser's cookie settings or check if you have some Internet Security suite that's screwing things up for you.

CNHT

Quote from: error on January 08, 2007, 03:58 PM NHFT
Sounds like you have cookie problems.

You should stop using Internet Explorer.

Or instruct it not to delete cookies automatically. It takes a cookie to keep you logged on doesn't it error?

error

Yep, you have to have your cookies to stay logged on.

I refuse to use Intarweb Exploder, even on the rare unfortunate occasions I get stuck in front of a Winblows machine.

Pat McCotter

When I tried to use the forum from nhfree.com I could not stay logged in. When I go directly to forum.soulawakenings.com I stay logged in.

(ninetales1234! Is your avitar a tribute to the Ramen Noodle inventor?)