• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

War can really cause no economic boom, at least not directly, since an increase in wealth never does result from destruction of goods.
? Ludwig von Mises

Atlas

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
I think the quote is by John Adams? Correct me if I'm wrong

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FSP-Rebel on March 13, 2006, 12:02 PM NHFT
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
I think the quote is by John Adams? Correct me if I'm wrong

Nope, Barry Goldwater - 1964 Cow Palace, San Francisco

Kat Kanning

The degree of a country's freedom is the degree of its prosperity. - Ayn Rand (1905-1982), Novelist and Philosopher

Lloyd Danforth

"You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but, you can't pick your friend's nose"

Ron Helwig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 30, 2006, 05:40 PM NHFT
"You can pick your nose and you can pick your friends, but, you can't pick your friend's nose"

Not true! I've seen it done (as a reaction to that "challenge").  ;D

Tunga

"Iz'zatcha pahtna there in the chippa?" - The sheriff of "Fargo".

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Ron Helwig on March 30, 2006, 06:22 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 30, 2006, 05:40 PM NHFT

Not true! I've seen it done (as a reaction to that "challenge").  ;D

Ok, you can't pick your friends nose, efectively

Tunga

"You see, a point in every direction is the same as no point at all." - The pointed man - Nilsson, The Point

AlanM

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."  Thomas Jefferson

AlanM

"The evils of this deluge of paper money are not to be removed, until our citizens are generally and radically instructed in their cause and consequences, and silence by their authority the interested clamors and sophistry of speculating, shaving, and banking institutions.  Till then we must be content to return, quoad hoc, to the savage state, to recur to barter in the exchange of our property, for want of a stable, common measure of value, that now in use being less fixed than the beads and wampum of the Indian, and to deliver up our citizens, their property and their labor, passive victims to the swindling tricks of bankers and mountebankers."  Thomas Jefferson

AlanM

``I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.''
-Thomas Jefferson

``Sir, I read these sentiments with surprise and astonishment. Believe me, Colonel Nicola, no occurrence in the course of this war has given me greater pain than this revelation of such sentiments among the officers of my army, which I must view with abhorrence and reprehend with severity. I am at a complete loss to see what in my conduct could have given encouragement to such a proposal, a proposal that proposes I participate in the greatest mischief that could befall our country. Nicola, you could not have found a person to whom your schemes are more disagreeable. I advise you and your collaborators to put these thoughts from your mind.''
-George Washington, on the offer from his officers that he be declared King of America

AlanM

"Who owns the youth owns the future!''
-Adolf Hitler

Tunga

Hey hey
My my
Rock and roll can never die...
- Rust never Sleeps - Neil Young

Pat K

And the wise have pitied the fool that hath striven to give a life
In the world of time and space among the bulks of actual things,
To a dream that was dreamed in the heart, and that only the heart could hold.

O wise men, riddle me this: what if the dream come true?

Padric Pearse