• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

"Government must be viewed as one individual doing things to other individuals which he is too cowardly to attempt in a face-to-face encounter."

- Jody Gammar

Kat Kanning

"A society that is more concerned about the redistribution of wealth than about the creation of wealth will certainly produce an equality of poverty."

- George Marotta

error

Equality of poverty is the goal!

Tom Sawyer

"...When I feel the hand of power lie heavy on my brow, I care but little to know who oppresses me; and I am not the more disposed to pass beneath the yoke, because it is held out to me by the arms of a million men... Unlimited power is in itself a bad and dangerous thing."

Alexis de Tocqueville

Lloyd Danforth

He was the Final Jepaordy question last night.  I knew the answer, but, because I've never made the same sound in my brain twice whenever i've run into his name, i couldn't come up with it right away ;D
I did, however, in the 30 seconds...Do  Doot  Do  Doot   Do  Doot  Do  Doot... spit out a series of  noises that satisfied my sister (competition) that I knew the answer, if not clear on the exact name.
I also have a serious mental block when trying to come up with 'Georgia O'keef under pressure.

HippyChimp

haven't read all 17 pages of this thread, so apologies if this is a duplicate...

anyhoo, my email sig has 3 quotes...  the first is Franklins "trading liberty for safety" quote that I'm sure everyone on this board knows. 

here's the other two: (The first one isn't "by" anyone, it's just something I've been saying for a while.)

When was the last time you heard someone say "Go ahead, it's a free
country"?

What luck for rulers that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

KBCraig

"When someone is pointing a twelve-gauge shotgun at your brisket, it might not be amiss to treat their every word like a Commandment straight from the lips of God."
- LawDog

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2007/01/jim-beams-got-your-back-waa-aaay-back.html

mraaron

?It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds?
                                                                                                                      - Samuel Adams

lildog

Nick Naylor: My point is that you have to think for yourself. If your parents told you that chocolate was dangerous would you take their word for it?
[Children say no]
Nick Naylor: Exactly! So perhaps instead of acting like sheep when it comes to cigarettes you should find out for yourself.

John

"The wind and the waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators." - E.G.

John

"Crime is contagious.  If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law."  - L. D. B.

John

"Cowards can never by moral."  - M.G.

"Fear has its use but cowardice has none."  - M.G.

"It is better to be the widow of a hero than the wife of a coward."  -  D.I.

"The only tyrant I accept in this word is the still voice within."  -  M.G.

KBCraig

Thanks to Walter Williams for this one:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed -- and hence clamorous to be led to safety -- by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
-- H.L. Mencken

Lloyd Danforth

"The quantity and quality of people kissing my ass went up"

Mike Judge discussing the success  of 'Beavis and Butthead'  and 'King Of The Hill' 

Caleb

just overheard ... "It's not brave if you're not scared."