• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

The Liberty sticker folk.

Pat K

The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way, and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theatre.

Frank Zappa

Kat Kanning

Seems like the bad guys are thinkin they don't need the illusion anymore.

41mag

I've noticed a few RAH quotes here.  One good source is the Notebooks of Lazarus Long (Part 1 and Part 2)

Quote from: Robert A Heinlein
Always store beer in a dark place.
(For PatK)

Political tags--such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and. so forth--are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.

An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.

In a mature society, "civil servant" is semantically equal to "civil master."

Pat K

Bald Eagle

"[When lead starts flying] You won't rise to the occasion – you'll default to your level of training." - Barrett Tillman

Bald Eagle

What you of the CHOAM directorate seem unable to understand is that you seldom
find real loyalties in commerce. When did you last hear of a clerk giving his
life for the company? Perhaps your deficiency rests in the false assumption that
you can order men to think and cooperate. This has been a failure of everything
from religions to general staffs throughout history. General staffs have a long
record of destroying their own nations. As to religions, I recommend a rereading
of Thomas Aquinas. As to you of CHOAM, what nonsense you believe! Men must want
to do things out of their own innermost drives. People, not commercial
organizations or chains of command, are what make great civilizations work.
Every civilization depends upon the quality of the individuals it produces. If
you over-organize humans, over-legalize them, suppress their urge to greatness -
- they cannot work and their civilization collapses.

-A letter to CHOAM, Attributed to The Preacher

-Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"

porcupine kate

"Hillary will drop out of the race when they stick a stake through her heart and put garlic around her neck."
Ellen Ratner
I heard this on the radio one morning.

Pat K

Quote from: porcupine kate on February 22, 2008, 08:31 PM NHFT
"Hillary will drop out of the race when they stick a stake through her heart and put garlic around her neck."
Ellen Ratner
I heard this on the radio one morning.

HA! that is funny and true!!

Lloyd Danforth

Just for insurance cut her head off and turn it face down in her coffin.................

Then shoot her head with a Silver bullet!

grasshopper

I say use a nuke with a tritium/garlic coating to make it go "Hydrogen" over Washington the next time they are setting pork out! ::) ;D

Riddler

...."my father assured him, that either his signature or his brains would be on the contract."
                                                                                                     - M. Corleone

Riddler

"major, i have a question."

"what is it?"

"do we have to eat with niggas?"
                                      -telly savalas- dirty dozen

melee ensues, and, outside the room:

"a gentleman from the south has inquired about this evening's dining arrangements; they're discussing it now."
                                                                                                                                          - lee marvin

Pat K

Oscar Wilde   
Disobedience, in the eyes of anyone who has read history, is man's original virtue. It is through disobedience that progress had been made, through disobedience and through rebellion.

dareme03244

Volunteer your time within your community to do your part in making the world a better place! ;)