• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Political ideas which have dominated the public mind for decades cannot be refuted by rational arguments. They must run their course in life and cannot collapse otherwise than in great catastrophes.
Ludwig von Mises

Kat Kanning

doobie

If I postpone my retirement as a result of losses to my savings caused in substantial part by President Obama's policies, so that I do not leave the workforce when I had planned, does that mean that my job has been "saved" by Obama?

Lloyd Danforth

I find it humorous that Obama is taking blame for the result of problems that were in place before he was born.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah ;D  He's going to have his Ass handed to him ;D Just about all of the candidates that ran would have done something similar to what he is doing. They would have been talking 'Impeachment' if Ron Paul had won and attempted to do the right thing.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: doobie on March 07, 2009, 08:36 PM NHFT
If I postpone my retirement as a result of losses to my savings caused in substantial part by President Obama's policies, so that I do not leave the workforce when I had planned, does that mean that my job has been "saved" by Obama?

Maybe shaved -- or slaved -- or staved . . .

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 08, 2009, 07:22 AM NHFT
I find it humorous that Obama is taking blame for the result of problems that were in place before he was born.
Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 08, 2009, 07:51 AM NHFT
Poetic justice.

It is poetic: he didn't cause the crisis, which beautifully coincides with the natural outcome of his philosophy.

He couldn't have averted much of the crisis that was set in motion before his term, but he did make it worse by announcing policies that crashed the markets even further.

Lloyd Danforth

I don't think they could announce a plan that wouldn't.  Even the 'hands off' approach that we would prefer would not appease most people in the business world who do not understand it.

Friday

"I'm just not happy because my life didn't turn out the way I thought it would." "Hey, JOIN the FUCKIN' club." - Denis Leary

Kat Kanning

From John's Dharma cards:

One should defeat an angry name with meekness, an evil one with goodness, a miser with generosity, and a liar with truth.

Mahabharata

KBCraig

Pat K

These are the root of all evil: fear of god, of death, of pain, and desire which goes beyond what nature requires for a happy life.

DIOGENES

KBCraig

"If I see three or four young black men walking down the street, I have to stop them and check their names. I want them to be afraid every time they see the police that they might get arrested."

Police Chief Russell Mills
Homer, Louisiana

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-race-shootings17-2009mar17,0,3587334.story

Kat Kanning

Wow!  I've heard of "driving while black"....I guess this is "walking while black"  >:(