• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Just a little bit of the daily joy that is "living in the ArkLaTex".  >:(

Being a lily-white happily married monogamous Christian heterosexual not subject to such abuses, doesn't make them any more palatable.  :-\

Pat K

Quote from: KBCraig on March 18, 2009, 04:15 AM NHFT
Just a little bit of the daily joy that is "living in the ArkLaTex".  >:(

Being a lily-white happily married monogamous Christian heterosexual not subject to such abuses, doesn't make them any more palatable.  :-\

Well not today . Tomorrow? No to many folks cared
back in the day when cops beat up "niggers,and spicks, "
then they didn't really care when they were whupping
those "hippie freak" folk.

Well we are all niggers, spicks and hippie freak folk now.

KBCraig

"They tried to get me to hate white people, but someone would always come along and mess it up."
Notes taken at a Thelonius Monk lecture.

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
-W.C. Fields

Friday

"One may bask at the warm fire of faith or choose to live in the bleak uncertainty of reason -- but one cannot have both." -- Robert Heinlein

Riddler

"..........it's gettin' ta be re-goddamned-diculous............"

- john wayne (drunk, speaking at a jay-cee ceremony)
fucking awesome

Pat K

"an errand is getting a tank of gas
or picking up a carton of milk or
something. It is not getting
chased by flying purple pyromaniac
gorillas hurling incendiary poo "

Thomas book 6 of the Dresden Files.

Pat K

Government is neither about morality, nor immorality but always about power; either as a protector or predator and sometimes as the principle in both roles at once. When it is understood that government's power is in reality compulsive unification then it becomes equally obvious that any nonconformity will not be tolerated."
Tim Case

Pat K

"Anarchy will, of course, come, if not today, then tomorrow; if not tomorrow, then ten thousand years from now. The history of the world is the steady increase of wealth. The land and resources ultimately wind up in the hands of those who can produce the most wealth from them. It follows, logically, that the wealth destroying state will eventually fade into history. But for now, the government is a new toy that the people cannot stop playing with. It seems to them so simple, so easy, so logical to solve their problems with extorted money and threats of violence concealed behind the holiness of the state. But even now, in the last two hundred years, we see the beginnings of the attack on government itself. One day, the very idea of government will seem like an insane artifact of the past: witch burning, crusading, black slavery, prohibition"

Allen Thornton-Laws of the Jungle.

KBCraig

Chucho Montoya: You're the sheriff of Rio County, right? Un jefe muy respetado.
[drawing a line in the sand]
Chucho Montoya: Step across this line. You're not the sheriff of nothing anymore, just some tejano with a lot of questions I don't have to answer. A bird flying south, you think he sees this line? Rattlesnake? Javelina? Whatever you got. You think halfway across that line they start thinking different? Why should a man?
Sheriff Sam Deeds: Your government's always been pretty happy to have that line, the question's just been where to draw it.
Chucho Montoya: My government can go fuck itself, and so can yours! I'm talking about people here. Men.

Lone Star

Friday

The facts about the gross violations of individual liberty that have been championed by U.S. presidents almost since the beginning, for example – John Adams's Sedition Acts, Andrew Jackson's genocidal treatment of the American Indians, Abraham Lincoln's military conscription (to say nothing of his suspension of habeas corpus and his imprisonment of newspaper editors who dared to disagree with his prosecution of the Civil War), William McKinley's brutal suppression of the independence movement in the Philippines after the Spanish American War, Franklin Roosevelt's order to round up American citizens of Japanese ancestry and imprison them in concentration camps – are any of these inconvenient facts likely to be selected for inclusion in a textbook based on the "commonly shared principle" of the saintliness of the U.S. government?

— Jeff Riggenbach, "An Introduction to Revisionism: The Art of History" [2009]

Kat Kanning

"Although it seems unthinkable now, future wars may require censorship, news blackouts and, ultimately, military attacks on the partisan media," --Former United States Army Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Peters

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 22, 2009, 07:37 AM NHFT
"Although it seems unthinkable now, future wars may require censorship, news blackouts and, ultimately, military attacks on the partisan media," --Former United States Army Lieutenant Colonel Ralph Peters

And the article that quote is from is entitled "Wishful Thinking and Indecisive Wars."

The guy is a media whore, himself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Peters#Writing_career

Kat Kanning

Bruce Willis --
"I'm sick of answering this fucking question. I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop shitting on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these goddamn lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm apolitical. Write that down. I'm not a Republican."