• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Nice. A good reason for me to like Bruce a little more. :)

AntonLee

right. . . I think that's a great quote and I can totally see him yelling that at Hans.

KBCraig

Lloyd Danforth

Description of the sound of a running 'Listeroid' deisel engine:

"At 600 RPMs, it's just like a Big Ole Grandfather Clock, more of a Melody than noise. Compare Judy Garland's voice to that of Susan Esterich." 

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on May 28, 2009, 07:50 PM NHFT
Description of the sound of a running 'Listeroid' deisel engine:

"At 600 RPMs, it's just like a Big Ole Grandfather Clock, more of a Melody than noise. Compare Judy Garland's voice to that of Susan Esterich." 

I love the Listers, and that's a great quote!

Friday

"Libertarianism is self-government. It combines the best of both worlds: The left leg of self-government is tolerance of others; the right leg is responsible economic behavior. The combination of both legs leads to social harmony and material abundance."
-- Marshall Fritz, Founder of the Advocates for Self-Government; President, Alliance for the Separation of School and State

Friday

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde

Kat Kanning

Pat K

I am not young enough to know everything.
    Oscar Wilde

Perhaps he knew a young man in Keene, ah never mind.

Pat K

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.

Oscar Wilde

lildog

In light of the sad news of Ed's passing

"HAYOOOOOO!" - Ed McMahon

Kat Kanning

Our problem is civil obedience.

Our problem is the numbers of people all over the world who have obeyed the dictates of the leaders of their government and have gone to war, and millions have been killed because of this obedience. And our problem is that scene in All Quiet on the Western Front where the schoolboys march off dutifully in a line to war.

Our problem is that people are obedient all over the world, in the face of poverty and starvation and stupidity, and war and cruelty. Our problem is that people are obedient while the jails are full of petty thieves, and all the while the grand thieves are running the country.

That's our problem.

We recognize this for Nazi Germany. We know that the problem there was obedience, that the people obeyed Hitler. People obeyed; that was wrong.

They should have challenged, and they should have resisted; and if we were only there, we would have showed them.

Even in Stalin's Russia we can understand that; people are obedient, all these herdlike people.

— Howard Zinn

Friday

Just 'cause a cat has kittens in the oven don't make 'em biscuits.  -- unknown

Lloyd Danforth

Lloyd Danforth

Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what you put in to it.

HEN3RY