• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

"Now, let me get this straight.....We are going to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president who also hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes...all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's nearly broke. What could possibly go wrong?"

-- Anonymous, quoted in Carpe Diem blog.

Pat K

I like to read the Carpe Diem blog to
balance out my feelings of doom from
reading reading other sites.

shyfrog

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
~Groucho Marx
:icon_pirat:

shyfrog

The quote at the top of the forums "Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Is very similar to a quote by Caligula: oderint dum metuant

"Let them hate, so long as they fear"

:icon_pirat:

Pat K

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse
or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."       
                                                                      - President Harry S. Truman

shyfrog

"What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey?" -Anthem

Friday

Forget youth. What this world could use is a Fountain of Smart. - OBarbee

Pat K

We're told cars are wasteful. Wasteful of what? Oil did a lot of good sitting in the ground for millions of years. We're told cars should be replaced with mass transportation. But it's hard to reach the drive through window at McDonald's from a speeding train. And we're told cars cause pollution. A hundred years ago city streets were ankle deep in horse excrement. What kind of pollution do you want? Would you rather die of cancer at eighty or typhoid fever at nine?

~ P.J. O'Rourke

Friday

For the love of God and all that is holy, my anus is bleeding.  -- Don Hertzfeldt

Kat Kanning

Very uplifting, Friday.  :P  Here's another to look forward to.

"There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution."

- Aldous Huxley, Tavistock Group, California Medical School, 1961

Tom Sawyer

Huxley believed in a seduction of the people... as opposed to Orwell's overt tyranny.

Kat Kanning

What, seduction via date rape drug?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 14, 2010, 04:39 AM NHFT
What, seduction via date rape drug?

Funny you should say that... I was thinking the same thing.

My sister was on all sorts of mood elevators and stuff... finally snapped, quit the job that was killing her soul... got off the pharmaceuticals... hope she can get it together.

Most people think that the reason they are unhappy is because something is wrong with them... they are fed a steady diet of propaganda, that keeps them from recognizing the root cause. Government taking their money, their options... warfare, emotional manipulation...

A new car will make me happy etc.   when those things fail they believe the ads for better living via chemistry.

Kat Kanning

mmmm....a new car....great idea!

Lloyd Danforth

I can't remember ever wanting a new car.  First, I wanted 32 Fords, 40 Fords, 55 Chevys, 57 Chevys,62 Chevys. Any early Vette or, T-Bird.
Later, I wanted any Mercedes 300 SL or, other German, British or Italian sports car from the 50's.
For a while now, I have been partial to Pickups from the late 40's to late 50's.