• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreepa

"Let's go burn something."

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

"ATF: Alcohol. Tobacco. Firearms.
Who's bringing the chips?"
-- anonymous t-shirt

Pat K

"Bring out yer dead  Bring out yer dead"

Erethizon

"19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that took 700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists have already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist act. It is mindboggling that we are that weak as a society."

-- Rocco Galati

John

Quote from: KBCraig on April 01, 2005, 10:41 PM NHFT
"ATF: Alcohol. Tobacco. Firearms.
Who's bringing the chips?"
-- anonymous t-shirt

ATF
OUT OF
NH
[/b]

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Erethizon on April 02, 2005, 02:55 AM NHFT
"19 terrorists in 6 weeks have been able to command 300 million North Americans to do away with the entirety of their civil liberties that took 700 years to advance from the Magna Carta onward. The terrorists have already won the political and ideological war with one terrorist act. It is mindboggling that we are that weak as a society."

-- Rocco Galati

OMG!  Great quote!  Sadly true :(

Michael Fisher

Quote from: katdillon on April 01, 2005, 05:07 PM NHFT
The moment a slave resolves that he will no longer be a slave, his fetters fall.? He frees himself and shows the way to others.? Freedom and slavery are mental states.? Therefore the first thing is to say to yourself, "I shall no longer accept the role of a slave.? I shall not obey orders as such but shall disobey when they are in conflict with my conscience."? The so-called master may lash you and try to force you to serve him.  You will say, "No, I will not serve you for your money or under a threat."  This may mean suffering.  Your readiness to suffer will light the torch of freedom which can never be put out.

--Gandhi

Amazing.

Pat K

" Rain don't stick to the blade of your snow shovel"

My old Navy buddy Chuck

Pat K

"We might as well be playing pick up sticks with our butt cheeks."

John Candy in planes trains and automobiles

Michael Fisher

"Corrupted freemen are the worst of slaves."
-David Garrick

"I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted."
-Frederick Douglass

"Life without the courage for death is slavery"
-Seneca, Roman philosopher

"The slave of fear: the worst of slaveries."
-George Bernard Shaw

"In thinking of America, I sometimes find myself admiring her bright blue sky-her grand old woods-her fertile fields-her beautiful rivers-her mighty lakes and star-crowned mountains. But my rapture is soon checked when I remember that all is cursed with the infernal spirit of slave-holding and wrong; When I remember that with the waters of her noblest rivers, the tears of my brethren are borne to the ocean, disregarded and forgotten; That her most fertile fields drink daily of the warm blood of my outraged sisters, I am filled with unutterable loathing."
-Frederick Douglass

"What a curious phenomenon it is that you can get men to die for the liberty of the world who will not make the little sacrifice that is needed to free themselves from their own individual bondage."
-Bruce Barton

"The blunting effects of slavery upon the slaveholder's moral perceptions are known and conceded the world over; and a privileged class, an aristocracy, is but a band of slaveholders under another name."
-Mark Twain

"Slavery is now no where more patiently endured, than in countries once inhabited by the zealots of liberty."
-Samuel Johnson

"Slavery is so intolerable a condition that the slave can hardly escape deluding himself into thinking that he is choosing to obey his master's commands when, in fact, he is obliged to."
-W. H. Auden

"I would have the Constitution torn in shreds and scattered to the four winds of heaven. Let us destroy the Constitution and build on its ruins the temple of liberty. I have brothers in slavery. I have seen chains placed on their limbs and beheld them captive."
-William Wells Brown

"Blood is a cleansing and sanctifying thing, and the nation that regards it as the final horror has lost its manhood... there are many things more horrible than bloodshed, and slavery is one of them!"
-George Gissing

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"
-Patrick Henry

"Pervading nationalism imposes its dominion on man today in many different forms and with an aggressiveness that spares no one. The challenge that is already with us is the temptation to accept as true freedom what in reality is only a new form of slavery."
-Pope John Paul II  (He said that??? :o)

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind."
-Bob Marley

"Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."
-Alexis de Tocqueville

"No trace of slavery ought to mix with the studies of the freeborn man. No study, pursued under compulsion, remains rooted in the memory."
-Plato

"Being born is like being kidnapped. And then sold into slavery."
-Andy Warhol

Michael Fisher

The Matrix Quotes

"Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world.  You don't know what it is, but it's there... like a splinter in you're mind, driving you mad."

"You are a slave, Neo.  Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch.  A prison... for your mind."

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

-Morpheus, The Matrix

-----

"Have you ever stood and stared at it? Marveled at it's beauty? It's genius? Billions of people just living out their lives... oblivious."
-Agent Anderson, The Matrix

Kat Kanning

Here's one Evan Nappen sent out today:

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We WANT them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Kat Kanning

AUTHOR:     Henry Louis Mencken (1880?1956)
QUOTATION:    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on April 08, 2005, 05:37 AM NHFT
Here's one Evan Nappen sent out today:

"Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We WANT them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted -- and you create a nation of law-breakers -- and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

-- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

When I read this idea in Atlas Shrugged a dozen or so years ago, it caused me to follow the road of freedom.

Kat Kanning

"The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all, it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality."   ---H.L. Mencken