• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

"Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic? Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But conscience asks the question - is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it BECAUSE it is right." Martin Luther King Jr

John

"And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular; but one must take it BECAUSE it is right." Martin Luther King Jr

John

"Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice." - Thomas Paine

John

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire   :'(

Russell Kanning

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always."

Amethyste

" Never deprive someone of hope; It might be all they have. "

mraaron

I like this one...

[attachment deleted by admin]

KBCraig

Quote from: Amethyste on February 23, 2007, 07:02 PM NHFT
" Never deprive someone of hope; It might be all they have. "

Amethyste! Welcome back!

Russell Kanning

Slaves are generally expected to sing as well as to work.
Frederick Douglass

John

"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."  -  Aldous Huxley

Tom Sawyer

"I believe that all government is evil, in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty."

H. L. Mencken

Dreepa

Tom Sawyer

Pat K

"A woman knows her children's friends, hopes, dreams, romances, secret fears, what they are thinking, how they are feeling. Men are vaguely aware of some short people also living in the house."
Barbara & Allan Pease, Why Men Don't Listen & Women Can't Read Maps

Kat Kanning

"Americans are so enamored of equality,
they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."
-- Alexis de Tocqueville
(1805-1859) French historian