• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

polyanarch

Quote from: katdillon on August 26, 2005, 01:39 PM NHFT
Dog's rule #1 for life:

Eat everything and then throw up what you don't want.

Ha!

And if you change your mind you can always eat it again...

John

Quote from: katdillon on August 26, 2005, 07:29 AM NHFT
Cowardice asks the question - is it safe?
Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
Vanity asks the question - is it popular?
But conscience asks the question - is it right?
And there comes a time when one must take a position
That is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;
But one must take it because it is right.

:-*

Kat Kanning

Government is a disease masquerading as its own cure. - Robert LeFevre (1911-1986), Political Theorist, Educator, Journalist and Author

Kat Kanning

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
? Albert Einstein

Kat Kanning

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?
? Mahatma Gandhi

KBCraig

"No matter how cynical I get, I can't seem to keep up."
-- Nora Ephron

Russell Kanning

http://www.tompeters.com/entries.php?note=008489.php
"There are people who prefer to say 'Yes,' and there are people who prefer to say 'No.' Those who say 'Yes' are rewarded by the adventures they have, and those who say 'No' are rewarded by the safety they attain."?Improv Wisdom: Don't Prepare, Just Show Up
Patricia Ryan Madson

tracysaboe

In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people, to whom war is always pernicious even when successful.
-Leo Tolstoy, author (1828-1910)

EZPass

"White man and black man, jew and gentile, protestant and catholic, will be able to hold hands and sing in the words of the ancient negro spiritual, "Free at last, free at last. Thank God almighty! We are free at last!""

Martin Luther King Jr.

EZPass

"In Germany, they first came for the communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me -- and by that time there was nobody left to speak up."

Pastor Martin Niemoller, 1945

Russell Kanning

Do you think they have "come for" any group yet?
.....maybe Branch Dividians
....and the manicurists

Lloyd Danforth

"Some days, you just wipe, wipe and wipe, but, your asshole still prints a picture of itself in your shorts!"

Lloyd R. Danforth, 1999

Russell Kanning

Do I have to ignore all the Spoonerites? ;)

Lloyd Danforth

Hey, at least I added a quote! ;)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 12, 2006, 02:53 PM NHFT
"Some days, you just wipe, wipe and wipe, but, your asshole still prints a picture of itself in your shorts!"

Lloyd R. Danforth, 1999

That was a truely moving quote, Lloyd.