• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
- Helen Keller

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 15, 2008, 09:54 AM NHFT
"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs ... we have been accomplices to doing something terrible and unforgivable to this wonderful country... we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected."
-- John Danforth
Republican Senator from Missouri
Source: in an interview in The Arizona Republic on April 22, 1992

Ya suppose that's a relative of "our" Danforth?
No

Pat K

The civilized people in the world, the ones who hide
behind culture and art and politics and even the law,
they're the ones to watch out for. They got that perfect
disguise going for them, you know? But they're the
most vicious. They're the most dangerous people on
the face of the earth.

Michael Connelly- The last Coyote

Pat K

No religions snort duck feathers!

Max- Picket Fences

Pat K

"In wine there is wisdom. In beer there is strength. In water there is bacteria." ~Harvey Allen, 1889-1949

Lloyd Danforth

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes

Gene Roddenberry

Pat K

"A friend of mine stopped smoking, drinking, overeating, and chasing women --all at the same time. It was a lovely funeral." ~Anonymous

Pat K

"Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?"
– Ron Patterson

Pat McCotter

"It is disgusting to notice the increase in the quantity of coffee used by my subjects, and the amount of money that goes out of the country as a consequence. Everybody is using coffee; this must be prevented. His Majesty was brought up on beer, and so were both his ancestors and officers. Many battles have been fought and won by soldiers nourished on beer, and the King does not believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be relied upon to endure hardships in case of another war."

-Frederick the Great of Prussia (1777)

KBCraig

"The government are very keen on statistics.  They collect them, add them, raise them to the nth power, take the cube root and prepare wonderful diagrams.  But you must never forget that every one of these figures comes in the first instance from the village watchman, who just puts down what he damn pleases."
-- Sir Josiah Stamp, Inland Revenue Department (England) 1896-1919

Kat Kanning

"We are students of words; we are shut up in schools, and colleges,
and recitation rooms, for ten or fifteen years, and come out at last
with a bag of wind, a memory of words, and do not know a thing."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday

"F*** Martha Stewart. Martha's polishing the brass on the titanic. It's all going down man, so, f*** off with your sofa units, and string green stripe patterns. I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve, let the chips fall where they may."
-- Chuck Palahniuk, "Fight Club"

Friday

"As your leader...           
...I encourage you, from time to time,
and always in a respectful manner...             
...to question my logic.

If you're unconvinced a particular plan
I've decided is the wisest, tell me so.

But allow me to convince you...           
...and I promise you right here and
now no subject will ever be taboo.

Except of course the subject that was
just under discussion." O-Ren Ishii, "Kill Bill Vol. 1"
audio clip NSFW
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/mediaplayer.asp?ean=093624857020&track=5&disc=1

Pat K

''Three-fourths of philosophy & literature is the talk of people trying to convince themselves that they really like the cage they were tricked into entering.''
William Gillis

Friday

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.  :NinjaIconA: