• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SethCohn

Quote from: Friday on June 29, 2008, 07:11 PM NHFT
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.  :NinjaIconA:

A moment of silence, for the great George Carlin, in one of his better movie roles.

Pat K

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century.

Dan Quayle who is obviously George Bushes speech coach.

Pat McCotter

Pat K

Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again. - Robert Heinlein

Pat K

A spy is just a crook with a government license.

Fiona-Burn Notice.

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on July 13, 2008, 10:35 PM NHFT

Fiona-Burn Notice.

Great show. It's on our tivo.  8)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on July 14, 2008, 01:50 AM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on July 13, 2008, 10:35 PM NHFT

Fiona-Burn Notice.

Great show. It's on our tivo.  8)

What is a tivo?   I've heard people say that name before I don't know what it is, too lazy to google it unless I must. :P

Sam A. Robrin

"Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before."  --Dwight D. Eisenhower

It didn't start with Bush . . .

41mag

Quote from: raineyrocks on July 14, 2008, 03:09 PM NHFT

What is a tivo?   I've heard people say that name before I don't know what it is, too lazy to google it unless I must. :P
Digital TV recording device.  Like a VCR without the tape.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: 41mag on July 14, 2008, 11:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on July 14, 2008, 03:09 PM NHFT

Digital TV recording device.  Like a VCR without the tape.

Oh, neato!  Thanks! :)

Kat Kanning

"The main political problem is how to prevent
the police power from becoming tyrannical.
This is the meaning of all the struggles for liberty."
-- Ludwig Von Mises

Maybe people just need to accept that keeping police power from becoming tyrannical has never worked and can never work, and get on with trying something else.

Kat Kanning

"To be governed is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonoured. That is government; that is it's justice; that is it's morality."
-- Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
(1809-1865) French mutualist political philosopher

Lloyd Danforth

Didn't Proudhon also say:

"Gradualism in Theory is Perpetuality in Practice"

Pat K

"Americans have different ways of saying things. They say "elevator", we say "lift" ... they say "President", we say "stupid psychopathic git."
Alexai Sayle.

Kat Kanning