• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Daily quotes

Started by Kat Kanning, March 23, 2005, 11:48 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyC

some neat quotes for ya

Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.

Better shun the bait, than struggle in the snare. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand.

Russell Kanning

I like that "how can you be too principled"? We should be seeking after truth .... and then standing on it. There is time for debate since it is important to do the right thing. But after you figure it out why not stand up for it steadfastly?

Kat Kanning

?We have a much greater chance of being killed on the way to the polls than of casting a vote that makes a difference.?

- Gordon Tullock

Pat K

" More Americans can name the three Stooges than the three branches of goverment. Well, thats because the three Stooges are more likely to get something done."

David Letterman

KBCraig

In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it.
-- Robert Heinlein

Pat K

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment." Marcus Aurelius

Russell Kanning

How does that apply when you find out they don't sell beer on Sunday? ;)

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 03, 2006, 12:07 PM NHFT

They don't sell beer on Sunday? I even heard the state runs the liquor stores, is that true?!? Why aren't we ALL OVER these EXTREMELY IMPORTANT issues?!?!?!?  ;D

lildog

?Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer.? -  Ed O'Neill

?The government will fall that raises the price of beer.? -  Czech Proverb

?You can never buy beer, you just rent it.? -  Archie Bunker

Pat K

I whine like a big baby because my estimate of it is painful and I lack the charicter to remove it. Or maybe I just like to bitch alot.

Dreepa

Quote from: error on October 03, 2006, 03:07 PM NHFT

They don't sell beer on Sunday? I even heard the state runs the liquor stores, is that true?!? Why aren't we ALL OVER these EXTREMELY IMPORTANT issues?!?!?!?  ;D
They sell beer on Sunday don't they?  I could have sworn I bought beer on Sunday before.

Pat K

Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate motherfucker. -- Bruce Sherrod

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

"What societies really, ideally, want is a citizenry which will simply obey the rules of society.
If a society succeeds in this, that society is about to perish."
-James Baldwin, "A Talk to Teachers," 1963

Caleb

We can express why the Christians were killed:  No totalitarian authority nor authoritarian state can tolerate those who have an absolute by which to judge that state and its actions. - Francis Schaeffer