• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Women and the national ID card

Started by Kat Kanning, March 24, 2005, 06:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

We've run into this in NH also :(

"Get a Divorce!" New National I.D. Legislation Causes Uproar
Patriot Act Bars US Woman From Driver's License

By Margaret Thomas

Posted February 11, 2005

January 13, 2005

The Driver's License Bureau told me today that they had merged with the Social Security Department this December, and that's why I can't get a driver's license. Social Security is federal and the Driver's License Bureau is state. How can they MERGE? Why wasn't this in the paper? I guess the "National ID Card" is here. I'm not an illegal alien or a terrorist, I was born right here in Georgia, and I've had a driver's license for 26 years without EVER getting a ticket.

Evidently, the new Patriot Act law takes away a woman's right to drive unless she signs everything she owns over to her husband's name. I renewed my license last month, and received a letter last week saying my license was being canceled. I went in today with all my papers to see why, and they said that my maiden name is on my Social Security Card, (Margaret Thomas), and last time I got my license they put my maiden and married name on my license (Margaret Thomas Funk), so my names don't match.

I can't get a Driver's License in either name! I can't get it in my maiden name, because it doesn't match my old driver's license. I can't get it in my married name because it doesn't match my Social Security Card. I said "Well, what can I do to get a license?" He said "You can get a divorce. Bring your divorce papers in and we'll change it." (Chief Cox of Norcross, GA. said this, in front of witnesses.) ...

What are they going to take away next, our right to vote without our husband's permission? I called Rep. John Linder, and he said they had had quite a few calls from women about this. He said it's appearing to be a common problem, but it's a federal law and they don't know what they can do about it. As a matter of fact, I heard another woman arguing about the same thing while I was at the DMV today.... It's affecting every woman who wanted to keep her own identity. I guess we'd better start shopping for burkas. The Taliban wouldn't let women drive, either.

The Atlanta Journal is possibly doing a story on this. The reporter was interested, and I've called and written my state representatives and the ACLU. (Maybe they'll do something good for a change!) If many women affected by this, as I suspect, maybe we can start a class action suit. ....

I called the DMV, and they were quite snippy. They said it's a national, federal law, they're just enforcing it.... I said that this was discriminatory against women, and she said "Oh no, men have this problem too." ....

I went to my state legislator's office to discuss this "connection" between the Social Secuity Number and the Driver's License, and was told that it is now being done in the name of the "War on Terrorism," and that government needed to identify everyone in the country by a Social Security Number. I probed a little more on this, and was immediately thrown out of the office. Bottom line, there is now created a new "crime," - that of driving without a Social Security Number.

Is it not stated in the Declaration of Independence that government derives its "just powers from the consent of the governed?" Where have the voice of the People been given a opportunity to address this matter? Like it or not, government is now forcing everyone, both small and great, to be numbered with a mandatory Social Security Number notwithstanding their conscience toward God. "An he [the Beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark ... that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the ... number..." Rev. 13:16, 17.

Some alternative news sites you should know about, (in no particular order)

http://americanfreepress.net/Thenewamerican.com

John Birch society http://www.jbs.org/

www.americansforprosperity.org

www.mediabypass.com

http://www.patshannan.com/

www.constitutionpreservation.org

HALF free is NOT free.
Vote Libertarian!
http://www.harrybrowne.org/
www.LP.org

Michael Fisher

"Wherever a [wo]man goes, men will pursue him [her] and paw him [her] with their dirty institutions, and, if they can, constrain him [her] to belong to their desperate oddfellow society."
-Henry David Thoreau

Russell Kanning

It gets to the point were you can never have enough papers to show the government ....she needs a divorce from the STATE

ravelkinbow

Reminds me of a book I once read called the "handmaids tail" .  Have any of you ever read it?  It's scarey to say the least.

Kat Kanning

All I remember about that book is that it was really depressing.

ravelkinbow

Did you know that to buy a house you have to have a picture id (driver's license) with your social security number on it now, thank's to the patriot act.  So much for being able to protect yourself from id theft by opting to have a new number for your license.

ravelkinbow

Quote from: katdillon on April 24, 2005, 06:04 PM NHFT
All I remember about that book is that it was really depressing.

ya, and very scary because it is something that could happen.

intergraph19

Hmm, I would say it encourages women not to change their names when they marry.  If I get married, and don't take my husbands name, I should have no problem right?  Because My maiden name is tied to my SSN.  So we women have a choice.  We can take our husbands name and not drive, or we can retain our maiden name and spit in our husbands face so we can drive.  Lovely.  (I consider it an honor to take my future husbands name as my own, so the second opinion is my own.  ^_^)

Pat K

You women been nuthin but trouble since you got the right to vote. ;D