• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free State Political Party

Started by Russell Kanning, January 03, 2005, 07:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Just wanted to throw out an idea and see what you guys think. Since I have been in NH I have checked out the Republican party and they seem a little conservative. I have also not been impressed with what the LP has done so far. So I was wondering if we should start our own party. :)
The "Free State Party" here in NH
FSP for short
What do you think?

Lloyd Danforth

Probably not. The Republicans in NH suck less than most state republican parties and the Libs are more effective than in other states.  It would probably be best to work politically with the Libs and do a LOT of non-political stuff. Another political party would be confusing. Using the name Free State Party would get us lynched by our fellow Porcs.
Lloyd

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 03, 2005, 08:28 PM NHFT
Using the name Free State Party would get us lynched by our fellow Porcs.

Wouldn't that be a very impure initiation of force?

jcpliberty

It would indeed. I am a member of the LP and I like what we're doing.

JP

Russell Kanning

I am just not impressed with the current parties. I think we should make an official Free State Party that you can join from the FSP website when you join up to move.  8)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on January 05, 2005, 09:54 AM NHFT
I am just not impressed with the current parties. I think we should make an official Free State Party that you can join from the FSP website when you join up to move.? 8)

Redundent and Doomed! All at the same time! ;D

AlanM

I don't like the name Free State Party because of the potential for confusion with the FSP. I prefer "Sons and Daughters of Liberty". We are one family in the cause of Liberty.

Dave Ridley

Don't trust headlines, trust history.  Making a third party has already been done over and over and never worked anywhere in the US in modern times.  Even in NH the LP has mostly been effective when they do stuff other than run candidates, but inneffective when they run candidates.   Making a party would just be a distraction from the successful things we've started to do.

I hope to spend my time reinforcing success rather than reinforcing failure or starting from scratch down a path history has rejected.   

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 06, 2005, 05:26 AM NHFT
Don't trust headlines, trust history.? Making a third party has already been done over and over and never worked anywhere in the US in modern times.? Even in NH the LP has mostly been effective when they do stuff other than run candidates, but inneffective when they run candidates.? ?Making a party would just be a distraction from the successful things we've started to do.

I hope to spend my time reinforcing success rather than reinforcing failure or starting from scratch down a path history has rejected.? ?

What he said!

Russell Kanning

Kat and I have decided to shift all of our NH liberty efforts to starting the new FSP (Free State Party) in NH. Come join us in this wonderful adventure. :)
the "Free State Party" NH only hope for liberty!  :D

jcpliberty

Quote from: russellkanning on January 06, 2005, 08:06 AM NHFT
Kat and I have decided to shift all of our NH liberty efforts to starting the new FSP (Free State Party) in NH. Come join us in this wonderful adventure. :)
the "Free State Party" NH only hope for liberty!  :D

While I would have no problem voting for candidates in this new FSP, I am a Libertarian and feel best working in the framework of the Libertarian Party for now.

JP

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on January 06, 2005, 09:37 AM NHFT
This was a joke, guys? :o

I was hoping this was so, but, ya know, anyone crazy enough to burn UN flags............

Say, are we burning MA flags on 'Free Jim Perry Day'?

jcpliberty

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 06, 2005, 09:47 AM NHFT
This was a joke, guys  :o

I was hoping this was so, but, ya know, anyone crazy enough to burn UN flags............

Say, are we burning MA flags on 'Free Jim Perry Day'?

OOOOO I LIKE THIS IDEA!!!

JP

jcpliberty

This was a joke, guys  :o

Jokes on me... I'm one to take some things way to serious sometimes... hahaha

Very funny  ;)

JP

dawn

OK, so are we agreed that there won't be the starting of any new political parties, especially ones going by FSP?  ;) I agree that no party is as great as I wish it would be, but I will work within one of the parties to do what I can to promote liberty. I'm terribly torn between the LP and the RLC. I love the LP and feel that if the R's were doing what they say they'll do, instead of voting like D's, then we'd barely even have a need for the LP (not on all issues of course).