• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Full Slate

Started by Neal Jiutai, January 14, 2007, 10:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal Jiutai

Thanks Ian. ;D

When I was up last year for PorcFest I visited Manchester, Concord, Hanover, Keene, Hampton Beach, Lancaster, and Portsmouth.

Of those Portsmouth and Hanover were my favourites. I loved downtown Portsmouth; it seemed quite lively. The beach wasn't far away either, which is a big draw to a Sarasota native.

Hanover has a big student population, and the possibility of going to graduate school. I'd also have the chance of running into Bill Bryson. (Damn, looks like he's moved back to England.)

I didn't have a chance to explore downtown Keene, other than for getting Chinese takeout. We mostly just hung out at Russell and Kat's place. The city seemed quite nice, but a bit too small for me.

I wasn't sure of the full scope of FreeKeene.com, and I imagined KeeneFullSlate could be a website completely devoted to the candidates and campaign action items. Let me know if you like the idea though.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: naconner on January 17, 2007, 08:00 PM NHFT
I didn't have a chance to explore downtown Keene, other than for getting Chinese takeout. We mostly just hung out at Russell and Kat's place. The city seemed quite nice, but a bit too small for me.

What features are you looking for in a city?

Yes it is smaller than some others in NH, but it is growing... consider it a ground floor opportunity!

Pat McCotter

Quote from: FTL_Ian on January 17, 2007, 09:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: naconner on January 17, 2007, 08:00 PM NHFT

What features are you looking for in a city?

Yes it is smaller than some others in NH, but it is growing... consider it a ground floor opportunity!

Gotta kill that growth! This is New Hampshire, y'know! Keep it the way it is!!!!!!!!

David

Yup, small is good when trying to change an obnoxious gov't, with all its vested interests.  Truth is I like larger cities as well.   :-X