• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I'm planning to go to Keene on 1/15/07. Anyone want to get together?

Started by Recumbent ReCycler, January 14, 2007, 03:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Recumbent ReCycler

This will be my first time visiting Keene.  My wife told me that she is planning to go to Keene State to help a friend of ours move into her dorm unpack.  She wants me to watch the 2 older kids (Patrick (5) and Joy (3)) while she does that.  I figured since she is planning to go to keene, I might as well go along and do some visiting.  If there is a place to shoot, I could bring some guns and ammo and we could do some shooting.  Anyone want to get together?  Any suggestions for what to do while I'm there?

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on January 14, 2007, 03:05 PM NHFT
This will be my first time visiting Keene.  My wife told me that she is planning to go to Keene State to help a friend of ours move into her dorm.  She wants me to watch the 2 older kids (Patrick (5) and Joy (3)) while she does that.  I figured since she is planning to go to keene, I might as well go along and do some visiting.  If there is a place to shoot, I could bring some guns and ammo and we could do some shooting.  Anyone want to get together?  Any suggestions for what to do while I'm there?

I don't want to be a downer but shooting and watching a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old at the same time? Yikes -- that's scary multi-tasking  :o

Doesn't Keene have a children's museum? 

Recumbent ReCycler

The two older kids have been taught firearm safety and know not to touch my guns without permission.  They also know that a gun fired in the wrong direction can cause serious injuries, death, etc.  I am a NRA certified pistol instructor.  They have also been to the range with me, and have shot a .22 that I bought for them.  If there are enough adults or responsible teens there, we could take turns shooting and keeping an eye on the children.  Besides the .22, Patrick has also shot my .357 mag.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Defender of Liberty on January 14, 2007, 05:02 PM NHFT
The two older kids have been taught firearm safety and know not to touch my guns without permission.  They also know that a gun fired in the wrong direction can cause serious injuries, death, etc.  I am a NRA certified pistol instructor.  They have also been to the range with me, and have shot a .22 that I bought for them.  If there are enough adults or responsible teens there, we could take turns shooting and keeping an eye on the children.  Besides the .22, Patrick has also shot my .357 mag.

Wow!!  I feel like my kids are still too unpredictable for me to be comfortable with them around active shooting. That is great that you have been able to train your kids so young.

My kids  :icon_motor: :crybaby2: :icon_dance:

Your kids  :fencing:

Kat Kanning

I don't know what we're doing tomorrow, but feel free to give us a call 357-2049.

John

John

Recumbent ReCycler

It looks like the weather is pretty crappy today.  The kids and I are staying home after all.  Maybe we will get out there sometime when the weather is nicer, and with more advance notice so that we can make some plans.

Braddogg

Quote from: castle_chaser on January 14, 2007, 04:23 PM NHFT
I don't want to be a downer but shooting and watching a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old at the same time? Yikes -- that's scary multi-tasking  :o

Yes, it does -- featuring the stuffed remains of children whose parents brought them shooting  :o

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Braddogg on January 15, 2007, 10:25 AM NHFT
Quote from: castle_chaser on January 14, 2007, 04:23 PM NHFT

Yes, it does -- featuring the stuffed remains of children whose parents brought them shooting  :o

:laughing4:

Kat Kanning

OK, next time, DoL  :)  I don't want to go anywhere today, either.