• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Eliminating Repetitious Threads

Started by Lloyd Danforth, March 15, 2005, 08:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I think we should consider deleting repitious threads.? These threads make it seem like there is only one subject, event or, organization in the world.? The Constitution Rangers threads are a good example of this.? All of the Hampton news could be in one thread, also. Another thing is we should try to avoid creating yet another fucking thread every fucking time a new thought runs thru our heads.? But, thats just me.

Kat Kanning

He's doing that because he's putting something on the calendar.  I can link any post to the calendar, so if you want Dada, just put some note on it that says Please link to calendar.

Lloyd Danforth

We could have threads by subject, or, perhaps on the Wiki, instead of the forum, a database thingy,  listed by NH towns and cities, reeporting news of that community, good and bad.

Kat Kanning

Here's what I could do.  So that the forum index doesn't become a mile long, I can make many sub-boards.  So under NH News I could put one called Keene News...I'll do that one to demonstrate.  If you like it, I can make a bunch of them.

BTW, if I do that, I recommend that you use the "Show unread posts since last visit" feature which is available if you're using the default forum "theme" which you can select under your profile information.  If there are 100 boards and sub-boards, it's hard for people to browse through them to find all the new posts.

Michael Fisher

Hmmm... no.  ;)

I don't think we should become bureaucratic and organized on here like the FSP forums have become.  Especially with so few members.

Combining threads, creating more and more categories, creating more rules, moving threads, warning posters to post in the right place...  this is all a HUGE turnoff to me.

Bureaucracy is the bane of my existence.

Kat Kanning

Heh, I like that guy.

I made it so that hopefully, anyone can link a post to the calendar.  That should help remove repeat posts.  So if there's a repeating event you'd like you'd like to put in the calendar, post it once.  Then on subsequent occurances of the event, click on "Link to Calendar" and link all events to the same post.  That should be clear as mud now :)

Dave Ridley

What if all calendar entries were to go into a "Calendar Entries" section?