• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Miami Beach tries to ban private parties

Started by burnthebeautiful, January 19, 2007, 07:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

burnthebeautiful

I think there's a new post-911 law that you need a passport to get in and out of Canada, but I'm not certain.  I want to visit Canada some time, too. Nova Scotia seems to have a cool culture with it's Scottish and Irish background, Alberta is apparently one of the free-est economies in the world (free-er than most US states), and British Columbia has the whole weed acceptance thing and apparently even has coffee shops, so that would be fun to check out. The other provinces I can take or leave, but I definitely want to see visit those 3 at some point.

CNHT

Quote from: eques on January 22, 2007, 08:41 AM NHFT
Nowadays, expect to be delayed considerably at the border unless you have your "papers" (and even then, your car may be searched, you'll most likely have to wait in line, etc.).  At least, this has been my experience as recent as 2004, and I don't imagine it's improved.

In 1971 I was searched and had to show rabies vaccination for my dog.

eques

Quote from: CNHT on January 22, 2007, 03:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: eques on January 22, 2007, 08:41 AM NHFT
Nowadays, expect to be delayed considerably at the border unless you have your "papers" (and even then, your car may be searched, you'll most likely have to wait in line, etc.).  At least, this has been my experience as recent as 2004, and I don't imagine it's improved.

In 1971 I was searched and had to show rabies vaccination for my dog.

Maybe they were on the lookout for a rabid terrorist.

Dreepa

Quote from: error on January 22, 2007, 08:13 AM NHFT
I would imagine the best whale watching would be in the middle of the ocean.
There was a cove north of LA (zuma beach) and that had great whale watching.

A guy told me (I don't know if it was true or not)  that there were some swallows there and the whales would scrape their bellies on it.... they came back every year.  It was pretty cool sitting on a cliff and seeing a couple dozens whales.

burnthebeautiful

That reminds me of a story. I used to live in Byron Bay, which is located at the most easterly point of (mainland) Australia. Between May and December you can see the whales swimming north from Antarctica. Some swim close enough that you can see them from the mainland, and there are boats that go out so you can get a closer look.

Anyway, one time a whale was swimming by in the distance and there was an American couple and one of them said "Look, a whale!" and the other one said "That's not a whale, that's a man on a kayak!", and they argued about it for several minutes.

Pat McCotter

Then there is this "footage" (mpeg video) of a killer whale capsizing a kayak.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Dreepa on January 22, 2007, 08:08 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on January 22, 2007, 08:13 AM NHFT
I would imagine the best whale watching would be in the middle of the ocean.
There was a cove north of LA (zuma beach) and that had great whale watching.

A guy told me (I don't know if it was true or not)  that there were some swallows there and the whales would scrape their bellies on it.... they came back every year.  It was pretty cool sitting on a cliff and seeing a couple dozens whales.

I'm guessing that really pissed off those birds

Pat K

Quote from: Pat McCotter on January 22, 2007, 09:39 PM NHFT
Then there is this "footage" (mpeg video) of a killer whale capsizing a kayak.

Man that guy really got wailed on!!!

For a minute there with all the Japanese screaming in the background,
I thought Godzilla was going to rise from the water.