• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Extremism

Started by Kat Kanning, January 04, 2005, 04:54 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Quote from: Grunt on January 04, 2005, 10:09 PM NHFT
Whoa! Now THATS extremism. MY kind of extremism. Best article Ive read in weeks.

Wasnt it something like 1% -/+ of the population that helped spur the Colonists to declare independence? They were hard at work long before the first shots were fired too.

Some article. I have always really liked L. Neil Smith.

JP

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 04, 2005, 04:39 PM NHFT
As Rothbard points out in the article, you don't ask for the end of a tax without asking for reduction in Government spending.
Actually I thought he was saying that they are two different things and that when you are voting on spending you vote against it. When you are voting on taxes, you vote against it. :)

He seemed to have two main points:
Don't ever forget the goal.
Don't get in the way of any movement towards that goal.

So I myself don't like to tell people that they are not being "radical" enough as long as they are going towards the same goal. :) I just like to urge people to our radical ultimate goals and keep them in mind myself.
This article reminded me that I shouldn't settle for small goals. :)

Michael Fisher

This article was great.

It reminds me that, individually, we should never advocate anything less than complete change.
At the same time, debating among ourselves is pointless.

I guess we just have to focus on the end goal and not argue the issues with anyone going in the same direction as us.

For example, I argue against the Liberty Dollar because it is only a half-scam instead of a full scam like the US Dollar.  This article makes me want to stop arguing about this point because it is a step in the right direction.

Russell Kanning

Exactly.....if all of us kept our focus on the goal and tolerate less than perfect changes, we can accomplish more than we have in the past. :)