• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Law would make Minutemen guilty of 'domestic terrorism'

Started by joeyforpresident, January 20, 2007, 03:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyforpresident

Minsk

Okay, that's worth a snicker. And hopefully a huge backlash against the idiot.

Forget the Minutemen, join the Neighborhood Watch and then walk around your neighborhood with a belt knife:

"An individual ... commits domestic terrorism if the individual ... [is] not affiliated with a local, state or federal law enforcement entity and associate[s ] with another individual or group of individuals as an organization ... to individually patrol for the purpose of detecting alleged illegal activity and ... is armed with a firearm or other weapon."

Dreepa

I think that the Patriot Act can already be used this way.

citizen_142002

Well the Military Commisions Act means that the President can label anyone a terrorist with no burden of prof or transparency. I think we're past the point of a delinquent legal system. The government has extra-judicial powers, and they are likely to expand, not be repealed.

joeyforpresident

I'm actually not too worried about the president being about to label someone a terrorist as I am worried more about a state law taking effect which would have a bigger impact.

I haven't seen a section of legislation so brazen as this Green Party legislator's proposal. But with a very hard-core anti-immigrant constituency, I'm not too sure this would pass, but who knows...maybe all of those California transplants would cancel the Goldwater types out.

KBCraig

Quote from: Minsk on January 20, 2007, 06:12 PM NHFT
Forget the Minutemen, join the Neighborhood Watch and then walk around your neighborhood with a belt knife:

"An individual ... commits domestic terrorism if the individual ... [is] not affiliated with a local, state or federal law enforcement entity and associate[s ] with another individual or group of individuals as an organization ... to individually patrol for the purpose of detecting alleged illegal activity and ... is armed with a firearm or other weapon."

Quite right. It would also make instant felons of all armed private security officers.

eques

It's really too bad that we (in general) have grown reliant upon state-funded police forces for our "protection" instead of making certain we are able to protect ourselves... but that really goes back to the disarmament of the general population, doesn't it?

aries

aries

Quote from: eques on January 21, 2007, 01:07 AM NHFT
It's really too bad that we (in general) have grown reliant upon state-funded police forces for our "protection" instead of making certain we are able to protect ourselves... but that really goes back to the disarmament of the general population, doesn't it?

When we're actually invaded I think that the people stand a chance, considering we're the first world's most well armed populous.

of course the two times in recent history that we've been attacked, it's been brief, quick and involved no land forces... maybe when Canadians descend upon us, we in New Hampshire can fight the cheese wielding Quebec military with some real guns.